News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wild Dogs Take Down Alligator

Started by citizen k, September 02, 2009, 10:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Nature at its rawest!  :o

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator" in it's natural eco-system, can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the fittest pack mentality" bred into the canines over the last several hundreds of years by natural selection.
See the attached remarkable photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine.
Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

jimmy olsen

Aww...

I mean, that was totally weak, talk about false advertising.  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

The picture took a while to load on my machine.  So for a minute or two I read the text without seeing the pic.  I came back to see the picture, and found this  :lol:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sahib

Quote from: Monoriu on September 02, 2009, 10:34:38 PM
The picture took a while to load on my machine.  So for a minute or two I read the text without seeing the pic.  I came back to see the picture, and found this  :lol:

Are you people still on dialup or what  :huh:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

sbr

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Cute.
The one on the right looks like a strange creature though...Some little hopping thing I guess.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

What this thread needs is a cute Crocodile

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

KRonn