And we're back!

Main Menu

Top Politican Kills Bicyclist

Started by saskganesh, September 02, 2009, 11:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: dps on September 02, 2009, 07:46:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2009, 06:49:55 PM
That's shitty.  He gets attacked by a dangerous antisocial lunatic, and loses his job because of it.

Society is fucked up sometimes.

Yeah, and then you get people like Jacob who think it's a good thing that he loses his job.
Jacob's a bit of an ass, but he's the sort that just goes with the flow.  He's easily seduced by the idea of some evil corporate exec mowing down the poor, visible minority bike rider.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on September 02, 2009, 08:05:58 PM
Quote from: dps on September 02, 2009, 07:46:57 PMYeah, and then you get people like Jacob who think it's a good thing that he loses his job.

I didn't realize you'd joined the retard brigade.  When did that happen?

It seems to me that this guy has a very plausible defense--he was attacked by the cyclist after an accident, and was in fear for his life, and tried to get away.  Now, I don't know that that's how it went down, but from what's been posted in this thread, it certainly seems possible.  IF that is what happened, and he's found innocent at trial, I don't see why he should lose his job.

If you think that's a retarded position, well, you're entitled to your opinion.  Of course, I almost certainly didn't make it clear where I was coming from with my previous comment.

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 02, 2009, 02:28:13 PM
Put up the BB signal, we need a conviction!   :P

Trust me - the judges don't convict just because I'm on the case. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2009, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on September 02, 2009, 02:28:13 PM
Put up the BB signal, we need a conviction!   :P

Trust me - the judges don't convict just because I'm on the case. :(

What is your record now?   0-962?   :D

Jacob

Quote from: dps on September 02, 2009, 09:09:24 PMIt seems to me that this guy has a very plausible defense--he was attacked by the cyclist after an accident, and was in fear for his life, and tried to get away.  Now, I don't know that that's how it went down, but from what's been posted in this thread, it certainly seems possible.  IF that is what happened, and he's found innocent at trial, I don't see why he should lose his job.

I agree, that if he is cleared of any wrong he should be reinstated.  I just subscribe to the idea that highly placed public officials should resign if under any sort of shadow, which this qualifies as.

QuoteIf you think that's a retarded position, well, you're entitled to your opinion.  Of course, I almost certainly didn't make it clear where I was coming from with my previous comment.

No, it's not a retarded position though it is one I don't agree with.  When I referred to the retard-brigade I meant the group of posters who miss no opportunity to parade their glib one-dimensional (two-dimensional at best) misanthropic faux-superior wit at any news.

garbon

Any sort of shadow? So should all officials be in danger at the slightest rumor?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

Martinus

Bicyclists are the scum of earth. The more get hit by cars the better.

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on September 03, 2009, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: dps on September 02, 2009, 09:09:24 PMIt seems to me that this guy has a very plausible defense--he was attacked by the cyclist after an accident, and was in fear for his life, and tried to get away.  Now, I don't know that that's how it went down, but from what's been posted in this thread, it certainly seems possible.  IF that is what happened, and he's found innocent at trial, I don't see why he should lose his job.

I agree, that if he is cleared of any wrong he should be reinstated.  I just subscribe to the idea that highly placed public officials should resign if under any sort of shadow, which this qualifies as.

QuoteIf you think that's a retarded position, well, you're entitled to your opinion.  Of course, I almost certainly didn't make it clear where I was coming from with my previous comment.

No, it's not a retarded position though it is one I don't agree with.  When I referred to the retard-brigade I meant the group of posters who miss no opportunity to parade their glib one-dimensional (two-dimensional at best) misanthropic faux-superior wit at any news.

The problem with this attitude is that we'd be running out of people to run things pretty quickly.

Especially if the described version of events is correct, I think the biggest tragedy here is if Toronto is out a competent exec simply because a rabid bike messenger decided to take out his bad day on a motorist.

saskganesh

That's shitty.  He gets attacked by a dangerous antisocial lunatic, and loses his job because of it.

Yeah, and then you get people like Jacob who think it's a good thing that he loses his job.

of course, his job was with the City of Toronto, which has a pro bike agenda.

it's politics. the optics would be terrible.
humans were created in their own image

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on September 03, 2009, 06:54:01 AM

of course, his job was with the City of Toronto, which has a pro bike agenda.

it's politics. the optics would be terrible.
How can Toronto have a pro-bike agenda when it's impassable to bikes for half the year?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on September 03, 2009, 07:17:49 AM
How can Toronto have a pro-bike agenda when it's impassable to bikes for half the year?

Try telling that to bike couriers.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011