News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Top Politican Kills Bicyclist

Started by saskganesh, September 02, 2009, 11:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Dude was a father of four and aspiring comedian, working as a bicycle courier.

I mean, sucks that he is dead and all...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on September 02, 2009, 03:12:56 PM
Dude was a father of four and aspiring comedian, working as a bicycle courier.

I mean, sucks that he is dead and all...

...but we didn't lose a cancer cure here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptr3pgEIPA

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Strix on September 02, 2009, 11:20:29 AM
A good rule of the road to follow is not to attempt to scrape bicyclists off your car using mailboxes and street signs in the other lane. It makes it very hard to say it was an accident.  :lmfao:

What exactly is the proper protocol when a violent and deranged drunk grabs onto your moving car, reaches into the open window, and attempts to strangle you?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 02, 2009, 03:50:04 PM
Quote from: Strix on September 02, 2009, 11:20:29 AM
A good rule of the road to follow is not to attempt to scrape bicyclists off your car using mailboxes and street signs in the other lane. It makes it very hard to say it was an accident.  :lmfao:

What exactly is the proper protocol when a violent and deranged drunk grabs onto your moving car, reaches into the open window, and attempts to strangle you?

Shoot him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment link=topic=2112.msg100149#msg100149What exactly is the proper protocol when a violent and deranged drunk grabs onto your moving car, reaches into the open window, and attempts to strangle you?

Defend yourself and then immediately call police.

He may have done that.  Its not clear from the facts.  Initial reports were that this was a hit and run and then he called it in anonamously.  If he in fact did not identify himself and say exactly what occured then that was a lapse in judgment.  It may well be a lapsed that is excused given the circumstances but it does put him in a bad light.  I assume Ontario has the same strict requirement as BC to stay at the scene of something like this.

Early reports I heard suggested he was only identified because of a security camera in the area....

CountDeMoney

QuoteCyclist Darcy Allan Sheppard, 33, worked for a courier service

One of the most dangerous professions out there.  Four wheels good, two wheels bad.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 02, 2009, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment link=topic=2112.msg100149#msg100149What exactly is the proper protocol when a violent and deranged drunk grabs onto your moving car, reaches into the open window, and attempts to strangle you?

Defend yourself and then immediately call police.

He may have done that.  Its not clear from the facts.  Initial reports were that this was a hit and run and then he called it in anonamously.  If he in fact did not identify himself and say exactly what occured then that was a lapse in judgment.  It may well be a lapsed that is excused given the circumstances but it does put him in a bad light.  I assume Ontario has the same strict requirement as BC to stay at the scene of something like this.

Early reports I heard suggested he was only identified because of a security camera in the area....

Perhaps a lapse of judgment but if a person in another vehicle is attack you in yours I can understand driving away as fast as hell just to get away.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Lance Armstrong should kill some random city council member so I can make a "Top Bicyclist kills politician" thread.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Thus, it is the motorist who has the greater responsibility – not just because he is the only party licensed by society to drive, by which I mean granted the privilege of driving – but because on some level, all of us understand the rules, one of which is that behind the wheel, we are driving a potential weapon. The burden of sucking up the insult, the raised finger, even the punch, and acting like a grown up is always and forever with us.

As if. It isn't like it is a motorist's fault that some people choose to put themselves at an immediate disadvantage.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 02, 2009, 01:42:10 PMMy bet is that he didnt have much choice in the matter.

Probably not, but these days it's not uncommon to see people go "my duty to the people demands I stay on" for a few days or making other such ridiculous statements.  It's nice to avoid that.

Neil

That's shitty.  He gets attacked by a dangerous antisocial lunatic, and loses his job because of it.

Society is fucked up sometimes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2009, 06:49:55 PM
That's shitty.  He gets attacked by a dangerous antisocial lunatic, and loses his job because of it.

Society is fucked up sometimes.

Yeah, and then you get people like Jacob who think it's a good thing that he loses his job.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on September 02, 2009, 07:46:57 PMYeah, and then you get people like Jacob who think it's a good thing that he loses his job.

I didn't realize you'd joined the retard brigade.  When did that happen?