And we're back!

Main Menu

Vigilante murder in Bristol

Started by Sheilbh, October 29, 2013, 06:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2013, 09:34:40 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 29, 2013, 08:25:47 AM
QuoteJames, who has admitted murder, and Norley, also 24, who has admitted to assisting an offender, will be sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on 28 November.

I'll be interested to see what sort of sentences get handed down for such cold-blooded and heinous crimes.  US law talkers are invited to speculate on what they would get in the US.

:mad:
Noted.  Change my response to "non-UK law talkers are invited to speculate on what they would get in the the law-talker's own country."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Death or life, the burning would make it a heinous crime and most likely hit key aggravating criteria in statute that would make it a capital crime. See the case of this Arizona man who, with an accomplice beat a man they intended to rob then burned him to death:

http://crime.about.com/od/deathrow/ig/Arizona-Death-Row-Inmates/az_schurz_e.htm

Has been on death row since 1990.

Siege

Are people free to own weapons over there?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

mongers

Quote from: Siege on October 30, 2013, 07:06:10 PM
Are people free to own weapons over there?

No, we just have to make do with posting anonymous snide comments on the internet.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

OttoVonBismarck

On another forum I had assumed for some time gun ownership in the UK was basically impossible. But a UK gun owner told me that you can generally own rifles and shotguns and keep them in your home, there is just a lot more paperwork involved and regulations and inspections. It's enough of a hassle, and there is enough of a lack of gun culture historically there, that only odd ball enthusiast like this guy (he's a member of some club where you go target shooting weekly) own them, far as I can tell. I think farmers and the like own shotguns a bit more regularly, too--but you can't carry them around in public for protection like you do in the United States.

My limited understanding is pistol ownership is almost a complete no in the UK.

Razgovory

Arming the victims of vigilant justice goes against the tradition.  Traditionally the vigilante is suppose to be armed so that he mete out justice as he so chose, that's one of the big things in gun rights.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

When I lived in rural Suffolk it was routine for people to own shotguns. Everywhere else I've lived here......London, provincial towns and cities, small towns in the North.........it is almost unheard of to own a firearm.