News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canadian Politics Thread

Started by crazy canuck, September 01, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on November 24, 2009, 11:58:32 AM
The Liberals have fucked Quebec over so many times here's to hope we see them disappear altogether in Quebec.  :contract:
Always the dreamer.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Apparently Saskatchwan has surpassed Ontario in terms of living standard.

Is it possible that our own sask was holding them back, and his move to Ontario has devastated that province?  It's quite a coincidence.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on November 24, 2009, 02:44:43 PM

Is it possible that our own sask was holding them back, and his move to Ontario has devastated that province?  It's quite a coincidence.

You are a real glass half full kind of guy.  Clearly what has occured is that Sask's work was done and Saskatchewan is reaping the benefits.  He has now moved on to try to help the poor sods in Ontario.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 24, 2009, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 24, 2009, 02:44:43 PM

You are a real glass half full kind of guy.  Clearly what has occured is that Sask's work was done and Saskatchewan is reaping the benefits.  He has now moved on to try to help the poor sods in Ontario.
I suppose that's possible, although it'll take more than hemp fibre to save Ontario.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Ontario needs lots of help, tho I have to say I am doing my part in bringing living standards done at the moment.

I got laid off, and am owed back pay I do not think I can recoup. It's pretty ugly for me at the moment. So it goes.
humans were created in their own image

Josephus

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, Sask.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Well, the Supremes have declared that they haven't the power to try and force the government to get terrorist Omar Khadr out of Guantanamo.  It's a shocking ruling.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on January 29, 2010, 10:43:17 AM
Well, the Supremes have declared that they haven't the power to try and force the government to get terrorist Omar Khadr out of Guantanamo.  It's a shocking ruling.

Well yeah Diana Ross is getting a bit long in the tooth. Probably not as strong as she used to be. aren't the rest of them dead now? :p
:p

Drakken

Quote from: Neil on January 29, 2010, 10:43:17 AM

Question to BB:

If Ottawa decided to rapatriate Omar Khadr, would a case stand in court for him to be prosecuted for high treason under Section 46.1.b and 46.1.c of the Criminal Code, as an active participant in a party making war on Canadian Armed Forces, even if he hasn't killed any Canadian per se?

HVC

Mayor Rob Ford's crack-travaganza is back on. 500 page warrant was released to the public today. Press conference going on now I think
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

I couldn't remember which one it was :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on October 31, 2013, 10:57:24 AM
Mayor Rob Ford's crack-travaganza is back on. 500 page warrant was released to the public today. Press conference going on now I think

I wish Ford was involved with a drug that had a different name.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius