Same-sex marriages begin in Vermont [since Martinus hasn't posted it yet]

Started by ulmont, September 01, 2009, 02:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Then what do you make of "Fatback"?  For many years, Fatback McSwain was a pretty prominent crew chief in NASCAR, and he was widely known and referred to by his nickname.  It would be highly amusing if NASCAR, an uber-conservative organization with a fetish for family values and all that stuff, had such an obscene word repeated casually so frequently for so long.

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2009, 03:24:25 PM
Then what do you make of "Fatback"?

I think, at this point, I'm going to have to defer to your superior penis obsession.

DGuller

I'm not going to bother setting it up anymore if that's the best you can do.

Eddie Teach

Well, the guy had the name for 38 years so I'm sure he'd know if people used the term to mean that or not. But I find it more likely he either is the "girl" in the relationship or he hates his family.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Push back takes on a whole new meaning!

Or running back for that matter. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martinus

Bareback refers to "riding without a saddle". The expression does not at all imply that back = penis.

Strix

Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2009, 04:33:38 PM
Bareback refers to "riding without a saddle". The expression does not at all imply that back = penis.

It is also used to refer to "riding someone without a condom". While it's origins are derived from what you mentioned, I'd say that a larger percentage of people would now think of unprotected sex before riding a horse when they hear it.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martinus

Quote from: Strix on September 01, 2009, 04:37:58 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2009, 04:33:38 PM

It is also used to refer to "riding someone without a condom". While it's origins are derived from what you mentioned, I'd say that a larger percentage of people would now think of unprotected sex before riding a horse when they hear it.

Uhm, are you retarded? I know that. Jesus.

What I meant is that it is used to denote condom-less sex because of the associations/analogies with riding a horse without a saddle (mounting/horseback riding is a common metaphor for sex). That's the imagery from which the expression originates.

This means that deconstructing the expression by suggesting that since "barebacking = condomless sex", "back = penis" is wrong.