News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Goldfish advice

Started by swallow, September 01, 2009, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swallow

So it's come to this.

I seem to remember there may be some fish lovers on the forum.  How do you get a goldfish out when it's got stuck in a hole? People have suggested pushing from the front.  I've tried this and he wouldn't budge. 

DGuller

How the hell did your goldfish manage to get into your hole?

swallow

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2009, 02:00:35 PM

:mad: this is serious stuff.  Son is at this very moment 'phoning his gran'ma for advice

KRonn

The fish is stuck, eh? I have no idea what to do, just responding because I'm surprised at this, kind of figuring the fish could get out or wouldn't get stuck in the first place. Good luck with it; hope you don't lose the fish.

DGuller

Quote from: swallow on September 01, 2009, 02:02:34 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2009, 02:00:35 PM

:mad: this is serious stuff.  Son is at this very moment 'phoning his gran'ma for advice
I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself.  Good luck to your fish.  :console:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Nobody else see the irony here of a guy named Swallow talking about a blocked Fish?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

swallow

He's out!  Thanks for your various bits of advice and good wishes.  We kept him close to the filter all night and this morning, I put him into a tub to take him to the aquatic centre and he got himself out.  If it happens to anyone else, the advice from the aquatic centre is to pour water (from their tank, not the tap) through the hole from tail to head. Failing that, try to break the ornament if it's not plastic

swallow

Quote from: Josephus on September 01, 2009, 04:35:45 PM
Nobody else see the irony here of a guy named Swallow talking about a blocked Fish?
:shifty:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

swallow

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2009, 04:09:14 AM
Where was he stuck? :unsure:
In the porthole of a Pirate ship, which is now binned.

syk

CountDeMoney

My Pleco likes to hide in the USS Lexington.