News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Black holes of the Internets

Started by Alatriste, September 01, 2009, 07:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

I just returned - or made good my escape - from TvTropes.org after several days of inmersion there. Man, that site is outright dangerous! And I'm almost afraid to ask, but do you knows other sites so... attractive?

The Larch

Quote from: Alatriste on September 01, 2009, 07:53:01 AM
I just returned - or made good my escape - from TvTropes.org after several days of inmersion there. Man, that site is outright dangerous! And I'm almost afraid to ask, but do you knows other sites so... attractive?

Ever heard of http://www.cracked.com/? :p

And yes, TvTropes is addictive, once you open it you can't avoid opening a dozen new pages, and then more, and more...

Warspite

TV Tropes would be even better if they banned animetards from contributing.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

Quote from: Warspite on September 01, 2009, 08:29:08 AM
At least lists are collapsable and well categorised these days. It used to be just a list...filled with obscure shitty anime.
What angers me more though is the internet originals. People referencing their own shit.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Indeed.  Also it's like the old-style Wikipedia where individual editor fight it out on the main page.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

The anime section is my favorite section.  :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Korea

I don't think tv tropes is all that great.
I want my mother fucking points!

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 01, 2009, 10:48:18 AM
The anime section is my favorite section.  :cool:

That is why you remain a virgin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

youtube is my black hole.  I check out a clip, then a related one, and then I find myself watching some rare movie in 9 parts.
humans were created in their own image

grumbler

imdb.com.  You check out something about a movie you don't quite remember, click on the actor link, click on the link for another movie the actor was in...

An hour later, you have forgotten what it was you were originally looking for.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

I don't know how you guys have time for anything outside languish.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Capetan Mihali

As cliched as it is, Wikipedia is my downfall.  I spend hours upon hours researching arcana through the links, opening a million tabs along the way.

The "Crime Library" --   www.trutv.com/library/crime/  -- can also be a serious black hole for anyone fascinated with crime and criminals.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Korea

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 01, 2009, 08:30:19 PM
As cliched as it is, Wikipedia is my downfall.  I spend hours upon hours researching arcana through the links, opening a million tabs along the way.

The "Crime Library" --   www.trutv.com/library/crime/  -- can also be a serious black hole for anyone fascinated with crime and criminals.

Thanks for the link. Going to go get addicted now.
I want my mother fucking points!