News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Escalators, and the people who love them

Started by CountDeMoney, August 30, 2009, 06:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you use escalators?

I stand still on them like a fucking mook.
17 (28.3%)
They may be moving, but they are still stairs. Keep walking.
31 (51.7%)
I'm pretentious, and prefer to use the real stairs next to them.
5 (8.3%)
I prefer to use the handicap-accessible elevator, like every black woman.
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood, because I'm garbon.
7 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Generally people who run up escalators need to be stopped.
The entire point of them is you don't have to do any work.
But I do of course do different things at different times too. Running up ones going the opposite way to you is fun.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

When going up, I'll stand still most of the time, when going down I'll generally walk. For the purposes of the poll, I voted that I stand still like a mook I never use the elevator, unless I'm hauling lots of luggage. I've only used the normal stairs with escalators available if those are severely crowded.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

DisturbedPervert

Stand still unless I'm running to catch a train.  But at least I'll do it on the right hand side.

Admiral Yi

dps

None of the options fit me.  I like to play on them.  Sometimes I just use my hands on the rail to push myself up, and go up or down with my feet swinging in the air, other times I'll swing my feet out an rest them on the rails too, or find some other way to goof around.  Basically, I view them as amusement part rides.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2009, 06:10:12 PM
Poll edited, just for you, Sunshine.

Thanks. FYI, when I went to go to the movies yesterday, I chose to walk up an escalator, stand on an escalator, take an elevator and take the stairs. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2009, 06:13:24 PM
Generally people who run up escalators need to be stopped.
The entire point of them is you don't have to do any work.

You are my antithesis.  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Stairs.  I'm not feeble, and I can climb stairs (that are generally empty) faster than the elevator can move.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I block escalators so walkers get pissed off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2009, 07:08:13 PM
I block escalators so walkers get pissed off.

Really, I thought it was the metal halo on your leg that did that.