Congo sues Norway for 500 Billion $, seeks to put two Norwegians on death row

Started by Syt, August 30, 2009, 06:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Since when can white people be charged in African courts of "tribal law" ?

Since WHEN, tell me, were the masters of this planet subject to the laws of barbarians?

Were I King Magnus, or Papa Hoiby or whoever rules that frigid paradise, the Congo would be in such a state as to make the Belgian days seem like song and dance. .
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on August 30, 2009, 03:25:50 PM

Since WHEN, tell me, were the masters of this planet subject to the laws of barbarians?

Were I King Magnus, or Papa Hoiby or whoever rules that frigid paradise, the Congo would be in such a state as to make the Belgian days seem like song and dance. .

What happened to solidarity with other people of color?  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 30, 2009, 03:29:17 PM

What happened to solidarity with other people of color?  :(

Mexican Native-Americans > African barbarians

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2009, 11:03:50 AM
What do law talkers think, is Congo likely to get their $500 billion?

Norwegian Law Talkers fall either on the side of "no fucking way" and "hahaha, you're killing me thats funny".

Sovereign immunity and the fact that Norway is not actually accused.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Also you Euros are so fucking tribal about not extraditing your citizens.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2009, 02:38:06 PM
Hey wait a second, didn't I hear this in a song before?

Roland was a warrior from the land of the midnight sun
With his Thompson gun for hire, fighting to be done
The deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day
So he set out for Biafra to join the bloody fray

Through '66 and 7, they fought the Congo war
With their fingers on their triggers, knee deep in gore
For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees
They killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRRWwH3Fro  I always liked this one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

so it'd be like today where almost everyone is dirt-poor, nothing works and half the country is embroiled in a decades-long insurgency/great war that has claimed the lives of millions.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 31, 2009, 12:13:03 AM

so it'd be like today where almost everyone is dirt-poor, nothing works and half the country is embroiled in a decades-long insurgency/great war that has claimed the lives of millions.

Better these people die by their brothers hands than at the hands of white imperialism, yes.
Winner of THE grumbler point.