Next World War to be between US & Poland vs. Japan and Turkey

Started by jimmy olsen, August 29, 2009, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

I'll trade Poland and a player to be named later for Japan.

Sahib

That's so old I think it was ever reported on the old forum
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Jaron

You draw all those stupid maps that have Britain owning Indonesia and splitting Brazil with Uruguay and you call THIS whacky?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

The author needs a bit more focus.

EDIT:  Well thanks Tim.  That was truly a waste of time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on August 29, 2009, 03:39:03 PM
You draw all those stupid maps that have Britain owning Indonesia and splitting Brazil with Uruguay and you call THIS whacky?
Britain occupied the Dutch East Indies during the Napoleonic Wars I believe.

I've never done the latter.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

I had a topic on this guy either on the old forum or on this forum.  The book was mentioned on Fareed Zakaria GPS.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Siege

"Is the European Union likely to become more or less significant in the future?

It is not clear to me what the European Union is. It is certainly nothing akin to a multi-national state, as sovereignty is genuinely in the hands of the national governments. It seems to be an attempt to have the benefits of scale without the abandonment of sovereignty. It reminds me of the United States in 1861 when the southern states argued that sovereignty rested with the states, and that membership in the federal union was an elective matter; that even as members, they were free to pursue their own independent policies. There was a conference held on this at Gettysburg in 1863 that ultimately settled the question. There is no force in Europe prepared to wage war to preserve the European Union, or to enforce the policies of the central government. Thus, Europe is a cooperative framework that individual states may ignore or withdraw from at will. I doubt that it will become more than this because of underlying mistrust among the nations and an unwillingness of the nations to subordinate their interests to the Union. It may stay where it is or decline. I find it difficult to imagine it growing stronger."

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DGuller

Is that from the Russian guy who expects US to split into six pieces in a year from now?

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on August 31, 2009, 09:36:33 AM
Is that from the Russian guy who expects US to split into six pieces in a year from now?

Q&A: George Friedman

The author of the new book The Next 100 Years explains why China poses little threat to US supremacy, why Iran will struggle to build a nuclear weapon and why predictions matter

jimmy olsen

Nope, this guy expects Russia to be a nonentity.

1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 09:45:57 AM
Nope, this guy expects Russia to be a nonentity.
Hmm, I like where he's going.  He may have a good point after all.