News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pelosi heard me complaining!

Started by garbon, August 28, 2009, 05:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So I said that I didn't really think Pelosi had done much for SF lately.  Cue today when I received a mass mailer than listed out every piece of pork that Pelosi has managed for SF and that proudly proclaimed that Congress was going to take America in a New Direction! :swiss:

I appreciated that the back of the mailer informed me that my tax dollars were spent to pay for this information.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Is it broken down by year?  I'd be interested to know what she shows for 09.

garbon

It is only this year.

$50 million to rebuild a bunch of streets.
$124.3 million for SF Transit Authority, BART and Caltrain
$20.5 million for SFO
$1.5 million for various artists
$16.5 million to hire cops
$1 million to found the Mission Neighborhood Health Center (in my neighborhood).
$17.2 million for SF parks
$17.9 million for SF Housing Authority
$3 million for the removal of lead-based paint from low-income homes
$8.7 million to provide short term housing for the homeless.
Estimated 7,400 SF jobs to be saved or created in the next two years

Just read more, apparently this all just from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act...and then the front cover of the booklet is all about the greatness that will happen when healthcare reform is passed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Lucky you, to have Ms Pelosi as your Rep.   ;)

I have pity on you, but some of my State's reps/Senators are about the same.   :(

Jaron

What kind of black man complains about too much pork? :huh:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on August 31, 2009, 10:07:30 AM
What kind of black man complains about too much pork? :huh:
It wasn't in the form of RIBS.  Sheeeeeeeet nigga  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 31, 2009, 10:14:40 AM
I take it she gets your vote again then?

Yeah, she'll get my vote like she did last year...oh wait, I voted for the Republican.