Finnish businessmen turns down Russian offer, instead wants Karelia back

Started by Pat, August 27, 2009, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I have been unable to find a good article in English, but here's one in Swedish:
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/finlandska-affarsman-vill-byta-gasledningen-mot-karelen-1.940077

Summary: Four finnish businessmen have been offered an unspecified amount of money by Russia to withdraw their application to do underground mining on the bottom of the Gulf of Finland. The reason is that it will block the path of the  Nordstream pipeline. The Finnish businessmen say they do not want money - but they will give up their claims if Russia hands back the province of Karelia.

Viking

Quote from: miglia on August 27, 2009, 07:59:52 PM
I have been unable to find a good article in English, but here's one in Swedish:
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/finlandska-affarsman-vill-byta-gasledningen-mot-karelen-1.940077

Summary: Four finnish businessmen have been offered an unspecified amount of money by Russia to withdraw their application to do underground mining on the bottom of the Gulf of Finland. The reason is that it will block the path of the  Nordstream pipeline. The Finnish businessmen say they do not want money - but they will give up their claims if Russia hands back the province of Karelia.

Who the Fuck are you?!?!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I'd prefer that Finland get Petsamo back instead (or as well) since then Norway stops having a border with Russia.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.