News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[sexbox] I Want a Sexbox 360

Started by Barrister, August 27, 2009, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

The 360 Elite has had a price cut, and I want one.

Can anyone suggest any must-have games?  I mostly want it for some Football games, but it'd be nice to have a console again.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

Fallout3
Left 4 Dead is fun if you like shooters.
Fable 2 is semi cute.

I've had my xbox since 2007, I think, and tbh I haven't had a single game I couldn't put down. :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Crackdown is fun, and it should be cheap. You kill lots of gang members.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I want one too :(

Choice : Refrigerator or a Sexbox 360 :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Lucidor

But, you know it's not an Apple product, right? :huh:

:P

Barrister

Quote from: Lucidor on August 28, 2009, 02:28:58 AM
But, you know it's not an Apple product, right? :huh:

Indeed - it's even made by Micro$oft.

I'm not that much of an Apple partisan. :rolleyes:

derspiess

I second the suggestions for Fallout 3, GTAIV, and Left 4 Dead.  GTAIV can be had pretty cheaply now, but I would wait for the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 since it will have all 5 DLC's included. 

Madden 09 would be good if you want a cheap football game, ditto for NCAA 09.  If you wanted to buy a current football game, I would go with NCAA 10 if you had to choose between that & Madden 10.

Also recommend:
Bioshock (widely available for less than $20)
Battlefield 1943
Scene It (movie trivia: good game for getting your wife or friends to play)
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
Rainbow Six: Vegas (and R6V2)
Civilization: Revolution
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty: World at War

Xbox Live also has 3 free downloadable games, but the only one I got any enjoyment out of was Dash of Destruction (brought to you by Dorito's :) ).

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Mass Effect looks awesome.

And the newest ace combat.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Also, for anyone in the US looking to buy an Xbox, it looks like Microcenter has an in-store only deal where you get a $50 gift card on top of the price drops for an 360 Pro or Elite.  Assuming you were planning to do some future shopping at Microcenter anyway, this makes the effective price $200 and $250, respectively.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Mass Effect.

And then you can get Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 when they come out.  Support Canadian games!  :Canuck:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

One other side-note: if you're trying to get the absolute latest chipset (jasper), the best bet is to buy an Arcade.  One way to know for sure if it has Jasper is to to check if it has the 512MB of onboard storage.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2009, 10:03:29 AM
One other side-note: if you're trying to get the absolute latest chipset (jasper), the best bet is to buy an Arcade.  One way to know for sure if it has Jasper is to to check if it has the 512MB of onboard storage.

Should that really be an issue by now?

DIdn't the jasper XBoxes come out in the spring?