Elves!
18 (41.9%)
Hobbits/Gnomes
5 (11.6%)
Trolls
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2009, 10:34:15 PM
Rumplestiltskin was a dwarf.

Well he is what D&D gnomes are based on.  D&D dwarves are based on Tolkien's version.

Lettow77

Halflings/hobbits, but only tokien/ pre-3rd edition ones. The new ones..eargh.

Actually, I really, really love halflings. a ton.

Edit: Athel Loren's elves are a ton of fun also.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Tyr on August 26, 2009, 02:58:40 PM
Yeah, level limits between races were just messed up.
Dwarven thieves really should have been severely limited though. They're supposed to be big beefy blunt chaps!

who plays that rule? that's the stupidest rule ever in D&D Never ever use that. an Elf who can't be a high level magic user? unpossible.
:p

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 27, 2009, 11:46:50 AM
who plays that rule? that's the stupidest rule ever in D&D Never ever use that. an Elf who can't be a high level magic user? unpossible.

TSR ignored their own rules all the time for their NPCs.  That probably should have clued them in and had them drop the level limits.

BuddhaRhubarb

and isn't wizard the favoured class of Elves? now that I think about it. what are you guys quoting version 1?

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 27, 2009, 11:50:59 AM
and isn't wizard the favoured class of Elves? now that I think about it. what are you guys quoting version 1?

Most of us never played past 2nd Edition.

Obviously in 3rd edition there were no more level limits.  Really everybody ignored them by the later period of 2nd edition as well even though my fascist DMs stuck by them like gospel.

The Brain

D&D blows something fierce and is complete and utter poop. D&D players = fail.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on August 27, 2009, 11:53:06 AM
D&D blows something fierce and is complete and utter poop. D&D players = fail.

Watch it or I will cast magic missle.

Caliga

I was always a dwarf kind of guy.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 27, 2009, 11:46:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 26, 2009, 02:58:40 PM
Yeah, level limits between races were just messed up.
Dwarven thieves really should have been severely limited though. They're supposed to be big beefy blunt chaps!

Gygax made a number of game balance decisions which could have been dealt with differently with a bit more thought.

If demi-humans have bonuses and humans do not, why play humans? One solution is to cap demi human levels. Another is just to have humans rise more rapidly.
humans were created in their own image

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 11:52:28 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 27, 2009, 11:50:59 AM

Most of us never played past 2nd Edition.

Obviously in 3rd edition there were no more level limits.  Really everybody ignored them by the later period of 2nd edition as well even though my fascist DMs stuck by them like gospel.

:huh: I was playing in 1980 and I never played by that "rule"... never played in a game (that went on long enough) where there wasn't a high level elf wizard.