News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name changes

Started by merithyn, August 26, 2009, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you change your name if it was a very simple process one time only?

Hell yeah
4 (8%)
Possibly
7 (14%)
No way
39 (78%)
I have changed my name already
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

merithyn

If you had the option to change your name one time only by simply filling out a form and turning it in, would you do so? It doesn't matter if you're talking about first name, last name, middle name, whatever. I'm just curious if anyone would.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

No. Unless I'm getting married to the love of my life who demands it AND I am a complete fucking pussy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Not yet, my name hasn't be burned yet.

Syt

Possibly. My first name is female in some countries,s o I might go for the non-diminuitive, Alexander.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I don't particularly care for my name one way or the other, but no, I would not change it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Savonarola

Yes, my middle name is an ethnic family name and was misspelled on my birth certificate.  It isn't a big enough deal that it's worth the hassle of changing, but if it was simple then I would do it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

callmeclemens

Your first and middle name don't matter when your last name is Tingle, like mine.

DisturbedPervert

No.  But how much of a hassle is it to change your name anyway (in the US)?

Jos Theelen

No, I love my name. I even plan to put it on my tombstone when I die.

Zanza

Slargos

I've been tossing around the idea of making "Slargos" my real name, but I have decided against it thus far.  :P

ulmont

Quote from: merithyn on August 26, 2009, 01:04:30 PM
If you had the option to change your name one time only by simply filling out a form and turning it in, would you do so?

No, because it isn't the form that's the pain in the ass, it's the correcting every damn business and government authority you've ever dealt with.

Grey Fox

Yes. I'd change it to Max Powers :cool:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

My name is glorious and someday it will echo through history.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."