News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Think of the children! WTF Edition

Started by Zanza, August 26, 2009, 12:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

From Paradox:
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Drug-trends-Find-out-where-your-kids-could-be/4yTw374Uz0CMvHxa__HwUw.cspx
QuoteDrug trends: Find out where your kids could be hiding them

Reported by: Nicole Beyer

PHOENIX -- Experts have an alert for parents as the school year begins: there are brand new ways kids are taking and hiding drugs.

"Drug use typically triples between 6th grade and 8th grade," according to Stephanie Siete of Community Bridges, a Valley substance abuse, treatment and detox center.

From her own collection she reveals the hiding spots for drugs, including water bottles and energy drinks that twist open to reveal a hidden compartment for storage.

But she said the latest trends include "snorting vodka shots."

More graphic yet, she said teens are doing anal beer bongs and soaking tampons in vodka.

"It's quicker absorption, it's hidden and it's new," said Siete, "For females, they're damaging their reproductive system."

But that's not all.

If you think your kid is studying, she said look closer at his or her highlighter.

It too, can pull open and become a pipe.

Lipstick cases can work the same way.

Then, there are pocket shots, filled with alcohol, not to mention the energy drinks.

"In case you don't have time to drink the big can, you can take a shot of your high doses of caffeine," Siete said.

She said if your 12-year-old is drinking that much caffeine, it begs the question what will they be doing at 15?

That's why she said it's so important for parents to intervene.

"It's hard to recognize," Siete said. "A lot of drug use looks like the everyday common cold, allergies, watery eyes, tired, who isn't tired?"

Siete said many kids are learning how to use drugs on sites like YouTube.

If you're a parent or a child wanting to learn more about how to spot drug use, Community Bridges offers free classes.

WTF at the bolded part.

Josquius

I've not heard of this.
Would that even work?
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

I'd imagine that hiding the fact that you are doing anal beer bongs is somewhat more difficult than hiding a joint.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Iormlund

:huh:
My experience says the contrary: it is quite easy to spot kids doing drugs. Problem is, most parents are blind to the obvious. They fool themselves thinking drug use is restricted to certain neighborhoods or socioeconomic profiles, when the truth is everyone and their mother gets high.

Malthus

Quote from: Iormlund on August 26, 2009, 12:33:56 PM
:huh:
My experience says the contrary: it is quite easy to spot kids doing drugs. Problem is, most parents are blind to the obvious. They fool themselves thinking drug use is restricted to certain neighborhoods or socioeconomic profiles, when the truth is everyone and their mother gets high.

For one, pot smoke stinks like anything. Hard to imagine that one could smoke up all night and no-one would notice.

The problem is not the hiding, it is that parents by and large lose control over what their kids do as they get older. It's a natural process.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

I think these kids are doing it wrong.  They're using the wrong holes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

This is hilarious because I'm doing an anal keg stand right this moment

The Brain

Quotewater bottles and energy drinks that twist open to reveal a hidden compartment for storage

:o I have heard of these "bott-els" and "lidds" (IIRC) before but I didn't know they actually existed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Razgovory on August 26, 2009, 12:45:32 PM

Yep. When your kid is inserting alcohol in his anus, you've failed as a parent.

The Brain

Quote from: Iormlund on August 26, 2009, 01:04:52 PM

:blush: First I read "pervert" and thought wtf.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DisturbedPervert

Here's two doctors explaining this on what appears to be one of those day time tv shows for paranoid housewives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBhrpBNuB1o

jimmy olsen

:lmfao: Food went all over my lap when I read that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2009, 01:46:08 PM

:lmfao: Food went all over my lap when I read that.

Another sad parenting failure.  :D

Alcibiades

I may not be hip...but definitely never heard of anal bong shots or vodka tampons....  Then again I'm no martinus.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

As if Marty would be caught dead near a tampon. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.