News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I need a vacation!

Started by Razgovory, August 25, 2009, 12:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Razgovory on August 25, 2009, 12:30:57 PM
Saw my Psychiatrist today.  He told me I needed vacation (odd since I don't do anything).  He said I needed to get on a train and go far, far away.

I hate doctors. :(

Why get on a *train* to go to a far away place?  He should have suggested a PLANE :contract:

swallow

Your Doc sounds not very good.  Surely the reason you are seeing him is because you are unable to do such a thing without full support?  He should be offering you the options available without you having to ask shouldn't he?  Why not go back to him and ask what sort of support there is?
On another note, I haven't been able to find the reference, but I'm sure there was some research in either Ozzy or NZ, that went beyond SAD and suggested that lack of natural sunlight could cause Psychosis(?) because of lack of vit D - I'm afraid I can't be more accurate than that, but maybe its worth asking him about that too -

Jos Theelen

If your doctor advices you to do something, shouldn't your health-insurance cover the costs?

Monoriu

Quote from: Jos Theelen on August 26, 2009, 03:39:43 AM
If your doctor advices you to do something, shouldn't your health-insurance cover the costs?

My doctor advised me to buy stocks, bonds, and gold. 

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 26, 2009, 03:58:11 AM

And what was the medical reason?

Monoriu

Quote from: Jos Theelen on August 26, 2009, 05:19:54 AM

And what was the medical reason?

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

Razgovory

:lol:

I'm slated for the Death Panel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: swallow on August 26, 2009, 01:34:34 AM
Your Doc sounds not very good.  Surely the reason you are seeing him is because you are unable to do such a thing without full support?  He should be offering you the options available without you having to ask shouldn't he?  Why not go back to him and ask what sort of support there is?
On another note, I haven't been able to find the reference, but I'm sure there was some research in either Ozzy or NZ, that went beyond SAD and suggested that lack of natural sunlight could cause Psychosis(?) because of lack of vit D - I'm afraid I can't be more accurate than that, but maybe its worth asking him about that too -

He's not a very good doc. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Vince

You need to buy futures in Frozen Orange Juice.   :contract:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on August 25, 2009, 04:29:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 25, 2009, 04:20:31 PM
I'm not crazy.  :lol:

Meh, it is just a bit of bad form is all.

it is a slight faux pas, but then again, I'm wild and crazy.  :P

Plus, I reserve the full right to make fun of emos that may post pictures in the open forum.  :menace:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 26, 2009, 08:34:34 AM
it is a slight faux pas, but then again, I'm wild and crazy.  :P

Plus, I reserve the full right to make fun of emos that may post pictures in the open forum.  :menace:

No prob.

I reserve the right to assume that anyone making fun of my pic who is unwilling to show their own is twice the man I am ... literally.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive