News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How to lose friends and alienate countries

Started by crazy canuck, March 23, 2009, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Faeelin on March 23, 2009, 06:07:11 PM
Why shouldn't Canada complain when a news organization taunts one of the few countries whose troops in Iraq engage in combat missions?

Freedom of speech?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2009, 02:49:40 PM
Why shouldn't Canada complain when a news organization taunts one of the few countries whose troops in Iraq engage in combat missions?

Freedom of speech?
And the Canadian government has the freedom to say 'Fuck you.  Say you're sorry.'  That's how freedom of speech works, you third-worlder.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fate

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 23, 2009, 04:02:10 PM
I am shocked, *shocked* to hear that something stupid, juvenile and offensive aired on Fox News
To be fair, Red Eye is probably the best news show on FOX. I can't believe any serious politician would take offense at Gutfeld. It was a mistake for Greg to apologize to the Canadian surrender monkeys. Given the usual content of the show, if he starts now, there will be no end in sight.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2009, 03:01:05 PM
And the Canadian government has the freedom to say 'Fuck you.  Say you're sorry.'  That's how freedom of speech works, you third-worlder.
But "Say you are sorry for implying that the US should invade Canada when its army is on a 'stand-down'" just sounds so retarded.  Granted, these are politicians and so by definition more willing than most to sound retarded, but even for politicians, and even Canadian politicians, this is retarded.

In the shoes of the comedians, i would have said "fuck you, say you are sorry for asking me to say that i am sorry."  Bad publicity helps comedians and hurts politicians.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on March 24, 2009, 03:36:04 PM
But "Say you are sorry for implying that the US should invade Canada when its army is on a 'stand-down'" just sounds so retarded.  Granted, these are politicians and so by definition more willing than most to sound retarded, but even for politicians, and even Canadian politicians, this is retarded.

In the shoes of the comedians, i would have said "fuck you, say you are sorry for asking me to say that i am sorry."  Bad publicity helps comedians and hurts politicians.
No Canadian politician can do wrong starting a row with Americans.  Especially Americans from Fox News.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Wow, Canucks are either thin-skinned or can't figure out wtf satire is.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2009, 04:21:55 PM

Well to be fair, neither can fox.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

What is satire anyway?

Der Stürmer = satire?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fate

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2009, 04:29:54 PM

Greg is quite good at satire and gutter comedy.  :menace:

saskganesh

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2009, 04:29:54 PM

what der spiess is trying is say is that if you call him a yoga practising, nature-liking, cowardly, probable homosexual, it's really fucking funny.

try it.
humans were created in their own image

Siege

Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2009, 02:49:40 PM

Freedom of speech?

Third-worlder?  Me?

Neil

Siege

Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2009, 07:20:58 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2009, 07:11:42 PM
Third-worlder?  Me?
Israeli.

You are from fucking Alberta, you primitive savage.

And Israel is a develped and civilized country.
If Israel is part of the 3rd world, then western Europe is so too.

Siege

Neil

Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2009, 07:26:14 PM
You are from fucking Alberta, you primitive savage.
Alberta is part of the West.  Thus, it is civilized.

Besides, I don't believe in gods, nor do I believe in magical powers.  I am civilized.  You are exactly the same as an Arab or an African.
QuoteAnd Israel is a develped and civilized country.
If Israel is part of the 3rd world, then western Europe is so too.
Not at all.  Israel is full of Russians and Sefardi, rather than the civilized Jews of the West.  Israel is east of the Oder river, and is thus uncivilized.