And we're back!

Main Menu

CDC to recomend circumcision

Started by jimmy olsen, August 24, 2009, 10:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmeclemens

Quote from: Agelastus on August 24, 2009, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: callmeclemens on August 24, 2009, 04:29:14 PM
Obama supports not having weird penis's.
sorry guys.

If "wierd" is used in the standard sense of "not natural", then I have to say that this means all circumcised individuals have "wierd penises".
I'll live with that.

dps

sorry guys.

If "wierd" is used in the standard sense of "not natural", then I have to say that this means all circumcised individuals have "wierd penises".

If "wierd" is used in the sense of "out of the ordinary, not normal", then I have to say that in the U.S. uncircimcised males have "wierd penises".

ulmont

Quote from: dps on August 24, 2009, 04:41:53 PM
sorry guys.

If "wierd" is used in the sense of "out of the ordinary, not normal", then I have to say that in the U.S. uncircimcised males have "wierd penises".

Maybe if you fuckers could spell "weird" we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Agelastus

Quote from: ulmont on August 24, 2009, 04:44:22 PM
Quote from: dps on August 24, 2009, 04:41:53 PM
sorry guys.

Maybe if you fuckers could spell "weird" we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Whoops... :Embarrass:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

Quote from: Agelastus on August 24, 2009, 12:28:12 PM
http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/info/physiciansguide.html

Difficult (given the name of the webpage) to argue that it is not biased, but a very interesting read.

It is an interesting read.

QuoteIn case the reader is wondering why all these bizarre excuses have been advanced to permit circumcision to continue, we offer our best explanation (hypothesis): Circumcision produces circumcisers. The loss of this normal body part is, in some instances, so profound that the person who has lost it is unwilling to admit that anything is wrong. If he becomes a doctor, he may not hesitate to perform circumcisions.

Another hypothesis goes further: Some who have been circumcised cannot stand that someone else might go through life intact. If that person is a doctor, he sees to it. If he is a father, he may insist that his sons be circumcised. A recent analysis stated that the most important factor associated with the decision to circumcise was whether or not the father was circumcised.27

We have the greatest admiration for those fathers and those physicians who, while circumcised themselves, say "No" to having their sons and patients circumcised.

What a wackjob.  :lmfao:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 24, 2009, 10:13:18 AM
ZOMG Obama supports mandatory male genital mutilation!!
sorry guys.

Weird penis's what?

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on August 24, 2009, 05:33:52 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on August 24, 2009, 12:28:12 PM
http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/info/physiciansguide.html

Difficult (given the name of the webpage) to argue that it is not biased, but a very interesting read.

It is an interesting read.

QuoteIn case the reader is wondering why all these bizarre excuses have been advanced to permit circumcision to continue, we offer our best explanation (hypothesis): Circumcision produces circumcisers. The loss of this normal body part is, in some instances, so profound that the person who has lost it is unwilling to admit that anything is wrong. If he becomes a doctor, he may not hesitate to perform circumcisions.

Another hypothesis goes further: Some who have been circumcised cannot stand that someone else might go through life intact. If that person is a doctor, he sees to it. If he is a father, he may insist that his sons be circumcised. A recent analysis stated that the most important factor associated with the decision to circumcise was whether or not the father was circumcised.27

We have the greatest admiration for those fathers and those physicians who, while circumcised themselves, say "No" to having their sons and patients circumcised.

What a wackjob.  :lmfao:

I don't know who is more of a whackjob - him or someone mutilating their children's genitals in observance of some bizarre tribal moon-god ritual that offers no proven health benefits whatsoever.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that circumcision supporters should be forcibly sterilized, but I think we should seriously consider whether they are fit to have their parental rights left intact.

Ed Anger

I came for Marti's wild overblown rhetoric, and I finally got it.

Thank you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
I came for Marti's wild overblown rhetoric, and I finally got it.

Thank you.

I always deliver. -_-

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 05:40:14 PM
I don't know who is more of a whackjob - him or someone mutilating their children's genitals in observance of some bizarre tribal moon-god ritual that offers no proven health benefits whatsoever.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that circumcision supporters should be forcibly sterilized, but I think we should seriously consider whether they are fit to have their parental rights left intact.

While I appreciate your good wishes, I take it you haven't read the article.  :D

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/24/health/policy/24circumcision.html?_r=1&hp
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Were you aware that most north american circumcisions are not driven by any religious drive, and that there are proven health benefits (you know, the ones mentined by the CDC)?  That the legitimate debate over circumcision is whetehr or not those health benefits are "worth it"?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2009, 05:52:26 PM

Were you aware that most north american circumcisions are not driven by any religious drive, and that there are proven health benefits (you know, the ones mentined by the CDC)?  That the legitimate debate over circumcision is whetehr or not those health benefits are "worth it"?

I guess Marti hasn't learned yet that the majority of North Americans are, in point of fact, not Jews:mellow:

DGuller

You're right, they're not driven by religious desire, they're driven by the fact that cut ones look better.

crazy canuck

that there are proven health benefits (you know, the ones mentined by the CDC)?

You mean the off chance that my sons might have unprotected sex with a woman in Africa... :P