Twitter, Facebook and blogs for business

Started by Brazen, March 23, 2009, 03:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

OK, anyone know about Wordpress and the Twitpress plug-in?

Also, team blogs - separate page on our website or a separate site? Completely separate accounts for all of us or a single page?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2009, 03:28:46 PM
As for Twitter, ask Stephen Fry. Apparently, he is like a god of Twitter these days. :P

He is. Best tweets out there are his.
:p

Sheilbh

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 25, 2009, 12:18:12 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2009, 03:28:46 PM
As for Twitter, ask Stephen Fry. Apparently, he is like a god of Twitter these days. :P

He is. Best tweets out there are his.

Christopher Walken :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!

BuddhaRhubarb

garbon

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2009, 06:10:47 PM
I think that they would really need to find real ways to differentiate the different setups (which sounds largely like they want to keep user separate from businesses ...and thus it sounds like it'd be better to have businesses specifically register with them) before a "crackdown" would make any sense.

A though occurred to me today that under the guidelines Marty suggested for facebook groups, the groups "Bitch, please" and "Jesus Drank Chai Lattes" would be in trouble as they weren't really created for discussions amongst members. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Neil

My wife had a meeting at work regarding advertising the other day.  The big idea of the company's Dick Jones was to create accounts on forums on the internet, and give fake testimonials.

Apparently, the silence that greeted the 'spam the internet' strategy was deafening.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on April 17, 2009, 11:03:31 AM
My wife had a meeting at work regarding advertising the other day.  The big idea of the company's Dick Jones was to create accounts on forums on the internet, and give fake testimonials.

Apparently, the silence that greeted the 'spam the internet' strategy was deafening.

we haven't had any of those here yet have we? Those work soooo well.

Ed Anger

:lol:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 18, 2009, 01:34:54 AM

we haven't had any of those here yet have we? Those work soooo well.
I think Money might have bought some steroids from that first one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I think there was a series of dilbert strips about such a "management idea".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.