And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyone who changed their nick

Started by Syt, March 10, 2009, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

so what's actually going on with all that? will it stay like this? I just don't feel like posting much in unfamiliar territory. I'll be lucky to make a hundred posts here.
:p

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2009, 02:32:44 PM
For thsoe who cahnged your nick:

here is the deal. I associate your online person with your forum name. Absent an actual face to put with that name, the name is in fact who you are.

Perhaps over time my association will shift, and I will start to see "Evil Spock" as "Evil Spock" rather than "Some tosser who I ahev no fucking history with and have no idea who he actually is".

On the other hand, it is not likely that I will *ever* link that person back with their original Languish persona, for better or worse. Even if I can be bothered to remember that New Languish Person X = Old Languish Person Y.

I have much more serious problems.  I may forget who I am.  So I had to keep my name.  I've used this name 1997.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Benedict Arnold

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 01:55:31 AM
so what's actually going on with all that? will it stay like this? I just don't feel like posting much in unfamiliar territory. I'll be lucky to make a hundred posts here.
Those of us who truly matter followed The Talking Heads advice and stayed the same as it ever was.  Wait for the new TBR to pop up, we need some Buddha Tears.

Josquius

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2009, 02:20:10 PM
Oops. I'm still Tyr.
Oh well, its fun.
Josquius is daft anyway...A name I thought up in a few minutes for AOL's MUD back in the 90s.

myeh, 'tis true.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2009, 02:20:10 PM
Oops. I'm still Tyr.
Oh well, its fun.
Josquius is daft anyway...A name I thought up in a few minutes for AOL's MUD back in the 90s.

Neverwinter Nights?
PDH!

Archy

I abbreviated mine I feel like entering Wonderland

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 13, 2009, 04:07:59 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 01:55:31 AM
Those of us who truly matter followed The Talking Heads advice and stayed the same as it ever was.  Wait for the new TBR to pop up, we need some Buddha Tears.

Ya I have no place to vent/annoy Seedy.
:p

DGuller

New names suck.  Languish was all about a club with scores of familiar handles building up their identities over the years, and now suddenly you don't know who half the people are.  It adds big time to the already substantial disruption to the community.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 15, 2009, 04:38:55 AM
New names suck.  Languish was all about a club with scores of familiar handles building up their identities over the years, and now suddenly you don't know who half the people are.  It adds big time to the already substantial disruption to the community.

QFT
Women want me. Men want to be with me.