And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyone who changed their nick

Started by Syt, March 10, 2009, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2009, 02:32:44 PM
For thsoe who cahnged your nick:

here is the deal. I associate your online person with your forum name. Absent an actual face to put with that name, the name is in fact who you are.
As I understand it, vM is trying to get up the "correct" version of this board up, and with it our information and posting histories.  If that happens I will probably revert back to my old handle. 

If it doesn't, I guess I will have to make a decision whether to change back or stick with this "temporary" name.
IMO it isn't such a bad thing to break some old associations and shake things up a little bit.  As a way of getting out of ruts, changing handles admittedly is pretty cosmetic.  But I did when I went from EUOT to languish mark 1 and I think that was the right call.  Maybe now is as good a time as any to do it again.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

It isn't confusing, it just means you are nobody.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Just checking how it feels when people "radically" change their nicks.

I have to admit I don't "get it".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Maybe I should change my name to YAHWEH, in order to fuck with Siegebreaker.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I'm thinking of a daily rotation of nicks, or a new one each time I log on. Since the reaction against nickname changing is so fucking hilarious.

I need to dig up my old nicks from all those FPS games over the years.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Sulla on March 11, 2009, 03:07:13 PM
I'm thinking of a daily rotation of nicks, or each time I log on. Since the reaction against nickname changing is so fucking hilarious.

You are rather easily amused.

But you should run with that, if in fact you can derive pleasure from such an infantile activity, whoever you are.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Sulla on March 11, 2009, 03:07:13 PM
I'm thinking of a daily rotation of nicks, or a new one each time I log on. Since the reaction against nickname changing is so fucking hilarious.

:thumbsup:
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Josquius

Why wasn't the account restoration mentioned earlier. I fear it is too late.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2009, 03:19:25 PM
Why wasn't the account restoration mentioned earlier. I fear it is too late.

I like your music, whoever you are.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

I like the new ability to be nobody at a moment's notice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lucullus on March 11, 2009, 03:30:37 PM
I like the new ability to be nobody at a moment's notice.

All we need now is a Gnaeus Pompey, and we are set for a reign of terror.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Kleves

I always suspected MB liked little boys. I guess now we know.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Warspite

I now commence the Great Battleships(tm) display name series.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.