Main Menu

I narked someone out today

Started by DGuller, August 21, 2009, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2009, 11:17:43 PM
t I wasn't sure how "cool" was it to do so,

Non-criminals actually think that way?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

What did the operator say when you said I'm on the Parkway and I've seen this guy driving goofy?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 22, 2009, 01:20:16 AM
What did the operator say when you said I'm on the Parkway and I've seen this guy driving goofy?
The 911 operator transferred me to state troopers.  The trooper on the phone asked me a set of questions.  Where I was, where he was, describe the car, tell the license plate number if I saw it, asked for my name and phone number, and finally asked me about what I saw that made me think he was driving erratically.  The last thing he told me was to stay away from his car.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2009, 01:11:59 AM

Non-criminals actually think that way?   :huh:
Why not?  I don't smoke pot, but I've been in the presence of people smoking pot countless times.  I did not report them to police, and I'm sure majority of people would consider it highly lame to do so.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2009, 02:02:00 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 22, 2009, 01:20:16 AM
The 911 operator transferred me to state troopers.  The trooper on the phone asked me a set of questions.  Where I was, where he was, describe the car, tell the license plate number if I saw it, asked for my name and phone number, and finally asked me about what I saw that made me think he was driving erratically.  The last thing he told me was to stay away from his car.

:unsure: Then the line went dead?

"-Sir, please open the trunk for me. What's this? Oh my God! Noo!! Ffjnmnngh! *gunshots* ... If anyone is receiving this... *cough* stay away from the car. For the love of God stay away from the car!!"  :cthulu:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2009, 01:11:59 AM

Non-criminals actually think that way?   :huh:

Unfortunately, yeah.

Capetan Mihali

There's enough assholes driving in New Jersey that drunk ones are just overkill.  You made a good decision.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

merithyn

Thanks for your opinions.  I knew I was in the right to report the driver, but I wasn't sure how "cool" was it to do so, since I was conditioned since childhood not to tattle.

Tattling is telling on someone to get them in trouble. Being responsible is telling on someone because they or someone else might be in danger by that person's actions.

You did good. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Thanks for your opinions.  I knew I was in the right to report the driver, but I wasn't sure how "cool" was it to do so, since I was conditioned since childhood not to tattle.  I also didn't want to look like a bored civilian trying to play a cop.  Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't have been ambivalent about it at all, that guy was most likely not even in the zip code of 0.08.

I thought Russians were conditioned to tattle.  Also NARC was a great game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on August 22, 2009, 02:17:20 PM
Thanks for your opinions.  I knew I was in the right to report the driver, but I wasn't sure how "cool" was it to do so, since I was conditioned since childhood not to tattle.

Tattling is telling on someone to get them in trouble. Being responsible is telling on someone because they or someone else might be in danger by that person's actions.

You did good. :)

How often have your kids been beaten up again?

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2009, 08:59:41 AM

How often have your kids been beaten up again?

Never. Remember, my kids travel in packs. Even the dazzling urbanites give them a wide berth.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...