News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Father of the year...Roll Tide!

Started by Ed Anger, August 20, 2009, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

http://deadspin.com/5341946/father-chooses-alabama-football-player-over-his-own-daughter-in-lovers-quarrel

:lol:

QuoteFather Chooses Alabama Football Player Over His Own Daughter In "Lovers' Quarrel"
By Dashiell Bennett, 4:03 PM on Thu Aug 20 2009, 6,344 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)

Alabama sophomore Courtney Upshaw and his girlfriend were both arrested and charged with domestic violence/harassment last night—and the father of the girl is not happy. After all, it's completely his daughter's fault for picking on that poor linebacker.

Campus cops apparently witnessed some sort of scuffle between Upshaw and Kendall Grzyb, a 19-year-old U of A student, so they hauled the two lovebirds in for a night in jail. But Father of the Year Dave Grzyb is operating under the assumption that his own child is the one who should be blamed.

I hate to see this guy get in too much trouble because I honestly think it was probably initiated by my daughter. I don't think he laid a hand on her. He just tried to restrain her to keep from getting hit again."

Nick Saban is the Antichrist.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. You know how women are, right? Or maybe Upshaw "chase[d] down Grzyb" and then "grabbed [her] by the back of the neck and hair with his right hand and pushed her downward in what appeared to be an attempt to push her to the ground." Because that's what the police report says. So maybe we should go with that one?

To be fair, Grzyb did slap Upshaw first and then storm off after seeing him talking to another female. (Dames!) And she's probably stronger than a Division I linebacker—he's only second string!—so clearly he had to chase her down and defend himself. What concerned father wouldn't throw his own daughter under the bus to protect a helpless football player in that situation?

Now maybe if this had happened in March, he could have let it slide, but Papa Grzyb doesn't need this kind of distraction during two-a-days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Malthus

They take their football seriously in Alabama.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

You guys were complaining about exactly the opposite in the 12 year old thread.  There's no pleasing you. :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on August 20, 2009, 05:06:44 PM

I predict that girl will have to leave the school. She is clearly an agent of the Auburn Tigers.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2009, 05:10:02 PM
You guys were complaining about exactly the opposite in the 12 year old thread.  There's no pleasing you. :mad:
Languish isn't about being happy.
PDH!

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 05:10:07 PM

I predict that girl will have to leave the school. She is clearly an agent of the Auburn Tigers.
Hush.  :ph34r:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 20, 2009, 07:28:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 05:10:07 PM

Hush.  :ph34r:

Which side of the football are you on Lusty? The Tide or the Tigers?

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger