Report: Average gamer is 35, fat and depressed

Started by CountDeMoney, August 18, 2009, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on August 19, 2009, 08:00:19 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2009, 07:58:21 AM
I cringe when I walk into a GameStop store nowadays.
I used to do that too at the local EB Games, but the new girl they have managing the place is super hot.

I went into one in a strip mall about 3 months ago, and the 2 clerks was play playing with their lightsabres. And didn't stop while I laughed at them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2009, 08:03:22 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 19, 2009, 08:00:19 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2009, 07:58:21 AM
I cringe when I walk into a GameStop store nowadays.
I used to do that too at the local EB Games, but the new girl they have managing the place is super hot.

I went into one in a strip mall about 3 months ago, and the 2 clerks was play playing with their lightsabres. And didn't stop while I laughed at them.
The service economy has allowed everyone to be themselves.  When you have a shitty job at a game store, you don't need to be able to associate with regular people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2009, 08:03:22 AMI went into one in a strip mall about 3 months ago, and the 2 clerks was play playing with their lightsabres. And didn't stop while I laughed at them.
The last time I went into an EB Games the clerk was a pizza face who kept trying to give me hardware 'advice' even though I tried repeatedly to make it clear to him I know what the fuck I'm doing in that regard.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I try not to make eye contact with the clerks.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2009, 09:28:49 AM
I try not to make eye contact with the clerks.
Thanks, this is good advice.  Oh, he also kept telling me that Age of Conan was "TOTALLY OSSUM" and was going to kill WoW.  :)

Ed Anger

Now of course, if the clerk is 19, female, cute and has a nice rack personality, then by all means, make eye contact.

Caliga

The EB Games around here are like 50% female in terms of staff, but they tend to feature skinny girls that are a bit lacking in the rack department.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 19, 2009, 09:45:25 AM
The EB Games around here are like 50% female in terms of staff, but they tend to feature skinny girls that are a bit lacking in the rack department.

Skinny girls need love too.  :mad:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on August 19, 2009, 09:45:25 AM

You can be a nice bro & buy her some implants then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

I agree. so do bodacious ones. they all need our depressed man love.

I found an EB near me, but Hairy Tarantula is down the street. I figure Hairy T is a better place for vintage games, especially as EB is now pretty much console driven. nothing to see there really. There's also a little vintage games store on Spadina near Bloor, A&C Games, that's good.
humans were created in their own image

Admiral Yi

EB near me has a skinny no-rack nerdgirl clerk and is 100% console.