News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Damn and Fuck

Started by Darth Wagtaros, August 16, 2009, 08:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

My receiver is dead.  Now I need another one, and I an't looking to spend a lot of money on it. 

Damn Sherwood POS.  Ain't worth having repaired since it cost around 80 bucks to begin with.   :mad:

PDH!

Neil

Marvin Harrison is availible.  He will cost you more than 80 bucks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 16, 2009, 08:22:12 AM
My receiver is dead.  Now I need another one, and I an't looking to spend a lot of money on it. 

Damn Sherwood POS.  Ain't worth having repaired since it cost around 80 bucks to begin with.   :mad:

Assuming you're talking about receiver for your home stereo?
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

If so, I've always had good luck with Pioneer- the audiophiles push the nigh-thousand-dollar models, but their lower-end stuff is good, too.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/PioneerReceivers/ci.VSX-519V-K.Kuro
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 16, 2009, 08:25:16 AM

Damn Sherwood POS.  Ain't worth having repaired since it cost around 80 bucks to begin with.   :mad:

That's impossible.  The only person in the world who has a fancy home stereo anymore is Joan Robinson.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2009, 08:29:21 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 16, 2009, 08:25:16 AM

Damn Sherwood POS.  Ain't worth having repaired since it cost around 80 bucks to begin with.   :mad:

That's impossible.  The only person in the world who has a fancy home stereo anymore is Joan Robinson.
I plug my PC and CD player into a receiver for maximum effect with my 2.0 speakers. In retrospect getting the cheapest crap I could find wasn't all that great.
PDH!

DontSayBanana

:huh: Is that meant to be JR being smarmy or you insulting him for being behind the times of the "Bose Wave Radio" and iPods?
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 16, 2009, 08:36:12 AM

:huh: Is that meant to be JR being smarmy or you insulting him for being behind the times of the "Bose Wave Radio" and iPods?
JR is an audiophile.  He can talk about speaker cable the way I can talk about dreadnoughts.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2009, 08:44:29 AM
JR is an audiophile.  He can talk about speaker cable the way I can talk about dreadnoughts.

True. I do love the way certain forumites go on and on about lossless audio formats, without realizing that a good lossy format only clips frequencies that aren't actually audible to the human ear. :lol:
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 16, 2009, 09:27:52 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2009, 08:44:29 AM

True. I do love the way certain forumites go on and on about lossless audio formats, without realizing that a good lossy format only clips frequencies that aren't actually audible to the human ear. :lol:
You mean that 300 dollar Denon speaker cable on Amazxon won't work as advertised?

Seriously, check out the reviews on that.  Hilarious.
PDH!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 16, 2009, 09:58:04 AM
You mean that 300 dollar Denon speaker cable on Amazxon won't work as advertised?

Seriously, check out the reviews on that.  Hilarious.

I know. On paper, humans have a hearing range from 16Hz to 23KHz. The most common range is actually 18Hz to 20KHz at birth, and what the audiophiles never account for is that they can't hear those frequencies as they get older- kind of like the way you lose the ability to breathe and drink liquid at the same time, you lose the upper frequencies through normal ear deterioration until the average adult peaks at about 16-18KHz; most people who haven't had some sort of aural training (like audio techs at concerts) have a hard time distinguishing frequencies above 14KHz- so they wouldn't even hear much difference between a 128Kbps MP3 (which is generally accurate up to 15.6KHz) and an FLAC, much less a 320Kbps MP3 (peaking at 17.6KHz) and an FLAC.
Experience bij!