News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Madden 10

Started by derspiess, August 13, 2009, 09:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Okay so I need suggestions on what team should I play in Franchise. I dont want a crappy team to suffer with, but I do want a sense of achievment over the seasons so no team already on top either.

Barrister

Well as long as you avoid the Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and St. Louis Rams on the low end, and New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Indianapolis Colts on the high end, you should be fine.

Pick a nice NFC North team like the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, or Minnesota Vikings for some fun weather effects in winter.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

You should follow in the footsteps of famous Hungarian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Gogolak and be the Washington Redskins
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2009, 11:17:47 AM
You should follow in the footsteps of famous Hungarian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Gogolak and be the Washington Redskins

I used to be the Redskins in earlier Madden games. :)

derspiess

Dolphins might be a fun team.  Ravens are the team I'm using whenever I get around to doing a franchise.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2009, 12:21:13 PM
Dolphins might be a fun team.  Ravens are the team I'm using whenever I get around to doing a franchise.

Larry Czonka = also Hungarian :P

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Kleves

I just rented the game. My favorite quote from the half-time chick so far: "Seattle is leading, 10-10."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Valmy

Quote from: Kleves on September 09, 2009, 12:42:17 PM
I just rented the game. My favorite quote from the half-time chick so far: "Seattle is leading, 10-10."

Seattle beats Yale!

derspiess

Had that happen, as well as some play-by-play calls that were totally off.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Might want to wait a day or two for final roster updates going into the regular season.  I know I am.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2009, 01:35:37 PM

Had that happen, as well as some play-by-play calls that were totally off.

Chompians don't care about the play-by-play.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

It may be the Packers. Tell me about them. Beware, if I get accustomed to a team in the game, they may very well end up as the team I support in RL :P

Alcibiades

Third oldest franchise in football...small town team really.  The people literally own the packers, they're the only community owned professional sports team in the US.

Natural rivals of the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings gonna be a big rival this year since they have Favre now.

And who doesn't love Lambeau Field in Winter?  Seriously.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Packers (as of this year):

Strong linebackers (including the faboo AJ Hawk), going to a 3-4 defense. Cheeseheads are expecting a revival in the D.

Rodgers had good stats last year. Jennings is a good young WR, with Driver as a good possession receiver.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

Oh yeah, and don't forget the best fans in the NFL btw, every Packers game at Lambeau Field has been sold out since 1960.   :cool:

Beat that patriotards.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain