Alleged naked doorbell ringer pleads not guilty

Started by garbon, August 13, 2009, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/13/BA7R1983FU.DTL

QuoteA San Francisco man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he rang doorbells while naked and fled from San Mateo County sheriff's deputies while wearing only tennis shoes.
More Bay Area News

Peter Allen Steele, 38, entered the pleas Tuesday in San Mateo County Superior Court. He is being held in lieu of $60,000 bail.

At least two residents in the Woodside and Portola Valley area reported seeing Steele standing naked outside their homes July 11 after he rang their doorbells, said Steve Wagstaffe, chief deputy district attorney.

Steele stands out: He is 6 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 250 pounds, authorities said.

Sheriff's deputies spotted Steele in a car after receiving the residents' reports and tried to stop him, but he sped away onto Interstate 280, Wagstaffe said.

Steele got off at Sand Hill Road, where his car hit the side of the road, flattening his tires, Wagstaffe said. Steele continued to drive on the rims until the car stopped, authorities said.

Steele, wearing only tennis shoes, ran from the car and burst into a home through the garage, Wagstaffe said. He then ran into a wooded area, where deputies caught him, authorities said.

When Steele continued to struggle, a deputy shocked him with a Taser, Wagstaffe said. The stun gun had no effect, authorities said, so a deputy shot Steele with a bean-bag gun, and he was finally arrested.

Steele is on parole for a felony assault in San Francisco and has prior felony convictions for stalking, making threats and evading police.

He just got confused and forgot that unlike SF, most cities don't allow you to walk about naked.  What a man though! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

He was hoping for a teabagging, no a bean bagging.
PDH!