Warrant issued for former Bill Clinton chief of staff

Started by jimmy olsen, August 13, 2009, 12:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

How dumb can you get?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/12/arkansas.wright.warrant/
Quote(CNN) -- Bill Clinton's chief of staff when he was governor of Arkansas is expected to turn herself in after authorities issued a bench warrant for her arrest for allegedly smuggling contraband into a state prison, her attorney told CNN Wednesday.

Betsey Wright allegedly smuggled a red Doritos bag containing 48 tattoo needles, a pen with tweezers and a needle inside, a Swiss Army knife and a box cutter into the Varner Unit, a high-security state prison in Grady, Arkansas, according to the bench warrant.

She will turn herself in next week, Jeff Rosenzweig, Wright's attorney, said.

Wright is an advocate for prisoners and has befriended a number of inmates at Varner, Rosenzweig said.

"We are very disappointed the prosecutor has chosen to issue charges," he said.

"We have no choice but to seek vindication in court."

Wright served Clinton as chief of staff for seven years in Arkansas and ran his successful campaigns for
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I'm just glad that they fixed the article. When I read it this afternoon, it read as follows (I had no idea what it was talking about):

QuoteA former chief of staff for Bill Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas faces felony charges accusing her of trying to smuggle a knife and 48 tattoo needles onto the state's death row.

The charges against Betsey Wright come as The Associated Press obtained documents showing a death-row inmate allegedly passed love letters and contraband to a guard with whom he committed a sex act. Combined, the events represent just the latest in a series of high-profile incidents at the state prison system, ranging from two convicted murderers escaping in guard uniforms to a man being shot to death at a contraband checkpoint.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

QuoteBetsey Wright allegedly smuggled a red Doritos bag containing 48 tattoo needles, a pen with tweezers and a needle inside, a Swiss Army knife and a box cutter

In her defense, you can't eat just one.

Strix

QuoteWright is an advocate for prisoners and has befriended a number of inmates at Varner, Rosenzweig said.

Yes, I heard she is quite popular in the congenial visit trailers. :perv:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Strix on August 13, 2009, 10:30:29 AM
QuoteWright is an advocate for prisoners and has befriended a number of inmates at Varner, Rosenzweig said.

You mean conjugal right?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2009, 10:36:50 AM
Quote from: Strix on August 13, 2009, 10:30:29 AM

You mean conjugal right?

Yes, I fail :(
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!