News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Eve Online] Anyone want to do some mining?

Started by Berkut, August 12, 2009, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seen

Any links to read to get into this game more smoothly?

A friend of mine is really interested and is pushing me. We are trying the 14 day trial now. I want to love it, but its a bit overwhelming.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Seen on March 09, 2010, 05:03:46 PM

A friend of mine is really interested and is pushing me. We are trying the 14 day trial now. I want to love it, but its a bit overwhelming.

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://eve.wikia.com/wiki/EvE_Wiki

Couple of wikis there.  The main forums are kinda crappy, but there's a bunch of good info on there in various threads (use http://www.eve-search.com/ to search them) and such.  A lot of it is going to just get easier with experience, really. 

You can join and hang out in the Languish channel too, and ask whatever questions you want, assuming someone is in there of course.  There are help channels in game (Rookie Help is one IIRC), and your default corp chat channel is good for questions too.  There's also this thread, of course.

Battleclinic.com is alright for giving you some fitting ideas for various ships. 

Evemon and Eve Fitting Tool are two utilities you're going to need if you keep going in the game. 

Alcibiades

Let me know if you guys decide to do it and I can send you  two 21 day trials via email.   :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

I tried to get a friend of mine to do the trial, sent him some seed money and walked him through it a bit.

It hurt his head.  I WANNA POWERLEVEL UP TO BATTLESHIP

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2010, 06:45:47 AM
I tried to get a friend of mine to do the trial, sent him some seed money and walked him through it a bit.

It hurt his head.  I WANNA POWERLEVEL UP TO BATTLESHIP

That was Alci at one point...now look at him.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

I slowed down, didn't understand the game fully when I was that likkle.... I don't think anybody really does.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 10, 2010, 09:46:54 AM
I slowed down, didn't understand the game fully when I was that likkle.... I don't think anybody really does.

Nope, your right.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Seen

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 10, 2010, 06:31:49 AM

Let me know if you guys decide to do it and I can send you  two 21 day trials via email.   :)

Well we are trying the 14 day atm, 11 days left :)

And thanks MBM, reading up  :nerd:

MadBurgerMaker

Okay I'm in the process of seeing just how deep a safespot I can make (attempting to see if I can make a SS that isn't capable of being probed out).  I'm currently at more than 50 AU away from anything, and am waiting for the game to fix itself (this seems to fuck it up...I just warped ~15 AU away from my bookmark and towards the system backwards) so I can slingshot myself out there again.  :lol:

Edit:  Hm.  That's strange.  In two more attempts I haven't been able to go more than 100 AU away from one of the gates.  I wonder if I ran into the edge of the system, or something weird like that.  The gate is kind of off by itself (from this spot, I'm 130+ away from everything else).  :hmm:  Then again, I have bookmarks to other spots made by someone else that are ~200AU away from everything.  Maybe it depends on the system.