a funny story I saw online. (concerning Bush & his pal Chirac! )

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, August 07, 2009, 09:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Maladict on August 11, 2009, 11:09:47 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on August 10, 2009, 11:52:38 PM
Actually, having a bible quote on a brief is pretty standard fare.  Particularly any Staff brief, since the Chaplain will always put one in.

:blink:

OMG that's unreal! Can you fucking believe this fucking shit! I think I wet myself!!!!!11
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2009, 01:22:35 PM
My sister's ex-fiance was a Hassidic chaplain in the military.  He was the one-man rebuttal to the notion that Jews are smart.

I've seen a few of those ... (second sentence, not the first)  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Do Jewish chaplains have to provide their own head cube or does the military issue them one?

Maladict

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 11, 2009, 12:58:33 PM
Every unit has a chaplain on Staff, who will usually contribute a slide with a bible verse or religious quote to a brief.  That's pretty normal and standard at virtually all levels.  We're not Godless heathens, like you degenerated euroweenies, after all.

I understand having chaplains around for religious services for those so inclined, but anything more would be violating the separation of church and state.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on August 11, 2009, 01:36:02 PM
I understand having chaplains around for religious services for those so inclined, but anything more would be violating the separation of church and state.

Well naturally.  They will not order a soldier to attend a religious service.

But just having a bible verse on a document is not going to threaten the secular nature of the government.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 07, 2009, 11:30:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2009, 10:31:10 PM
Wow the only people I hear babbling about Gog and Magog are nutty Orthodox Jews...

I find it had to believe a Methodist would indulge in such bizarre nonsense.

The last time I heard mention of Gog and Magog, it was in a Justice Society of America comic. :nerd:

You should read Kingdom Come.  He is the spark that ignited the Apocalypse.
PDH!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 10, 2009, 11:52:38 PM
Actually, having a bible quote on a brief is pretty standard fare.  Particularly any Staff brief, since the Chaplain will always put one in.
These were the World Intelligence Updates for the President.  Rumsfeld denies approving them and the Pentagon has said that they don't use Bible quotes any more, I believe the guy believed responsible for them retired in 2003.  So they're not standard, though this could be standard practice lower in the military that got carried up.

Here's the site with some of the front pages so people know what's referenced in the articles:
http://men.style.com/gq/features/topsecret
Let's bomb Russia!