Yes
7 (41.2%)
No
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2009, 10:01:06 AM
Isn't clothing much cheaper these days?

I dunno. Has the average cost of basic blue jeans or the like fallen in relative terms against other commodities?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Korea

I'm sure I wore them but I haven't seen them in about 10 years until I saw this one kid with really old, faded, tight, short pants. I felt bad for him. I really wanted to buy a pair of pants for him. :(
I want my mother fucking points!

The Brain

I try to get rid of pants I've grown out of.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Malthus on August 11, 2009, 10:07:59 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2009, 10:01:06 AM
Isn't clothing much cheaper these days?

I dunno. Has the average cost of basic blue jeans or the like fallen in relative terms against other commodities?

With the growth of WalMart-type stores, I think it may have.  I bought a pair of men's "Rustler" (presumably the knock-off of Wrangler) blue jeans at WalMart for about $7.99.  I don't know if any place could have afforded to price jeans that low 30 years ago.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Yes, I did when I was little. My father used to make fun of me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

At least I don't have to worry about going into a nursing home. Surely ONE of the kids will take me in... right?

Oh, and none of my kids wear highwaters. They're almost all the exact same height, and they tend to wear their jeans low on the hips, anyway. Not low on their bums, but definitely low on their hips.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on August 11, 2009, 05:53:01 PM
At least I don't have to worry about going into a nursing home. Surely ONE of the kids will take me in... right?

Oh, and none of my kids wear highwaters. They're almost all the exact same height, and they tend to wear their jeans low on the hips, anyway. Not low on their bums, but definitely low on their hips.
If they're all the same size you can't do hand me downs. :huh:

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2009, 05:17:04 AM
Most of the pants I've ever owned haven't really fit correctly, because no one makes 32 X 31s.

???

I've purchased plenty such trousers, I'm pretty sure.

Of course, there's also the tactic of getting 32 x 32s or 32 x 34s and spending $5 to have them hemmed.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2009, 06:04:46 PM
If they're all the same size you can't do hand me downs. :huh:

My bank account knows this. Well.  <_<

The good news is that they've mostly stopped growing now. Or at least, the elder two have. The youngest.. oy. The elder two would be wearing his hand-me-downs pretty soon, if he weren't so damn skinny. He wears a 28x30 right now... which is impossible to find, and are almost to short for him and too big in the waist. So, instead, he wears the same jeans as the other boys, but with a belt and lots of pleats.

Barristerboy in the making? :unsure:

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on August 11, 2009, 07:35:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2009, 05:17:04 AM
Most of the pants I've ever owned haven't really fit correctly, because no one makes 32 X 31s.

???

I've purchased plenty such trousers, I'm pretty sure.

Of course, there's also the tactic of getting 32 x 32s or 32 x 34s and spending $5 to have them hemmed.

Can you get 28 x 32s? :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on August 11, 2009, 09:19:18 PM
He wears a 28x30 right now... which is impossible to find

That's all I used to wear for the longest and yeah it was hard to find pants that fit. Not a boy, not yet a man. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

That's weird I used to wear 28x30 also.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on August 11, 2009, 09:19:18 PM
Barristerboy in the making? :unsure:

Sadly aging has put me more into the 32" waist category... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.