News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

AP now runs personal ads?

Started by garbon, August 10, 2009, 01:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Though that bold bit was rather curious. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090809/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_repeat_lottery_winner
QuoteKansas man wins big in lottery for 2nd time in '09

Edward Williams is the definition of lucky after winning the lottery for a second time in a year. Williams, 47, of Wichita won $75,000 in September playing a $10 scratch ticket. Then on Wednesday, he defied the odds again when matched all the numbers in the Super Kansas Cash drawing to win a jackpot worth nearly $900,000.

"When I hit $75,000, I figured lightning struck once, it won't ever hit again," Williams said in a prepared statement released by Kansas Lottery officials. "This one knocked me flat!"

He traveled Friday to Topeka to collect his winnings. Super Kansas Cash jackpots are paid in a single cash lump sum. After taxes are withheld, the jackpot is worth $627,541. Also, Yogi's Grill & Bar in Wichita will be eligible for a $1,000 bonus for selling the jackpot-winning ticket.

"When I won the $75,000, I bought a car and put the rest of the winnings into a CD," Williams said. "This time, I'm saving it for retirement, which I hope to do at 55."

Williams, who is single, has worked for almost 17 years ago for Johnson Controls. Before that, he served in the Marines.

He said he has been playing Super Kansas Cash, Powerball and other lottery games consistently for 17 years.

"Just keep on playing," advised Williams, who buys a $5 Quick Pick for every Super Kansas Cash drawing. "That's the best advice I have for other people looking for that big win."

Williams isn't the first repeat lottery winner.

Keith Selix, of Waterloo, Iowa, gained notoriety in 2006 after winning three lottery prizes totaling $81,000.

At the time, he said his fortune mysteriously changed after his wife died, and he was convinced he was being "led from above."

Ironically, Selix's wife had often scolded him for wasting his money on the "those cotton-picking tickets."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Threviel

Heh, I've worked for Johnson Controls...

DisturbedPervert

If I was single and just won almost a million dollars I'd slip some money to the reporter to mention that too

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 10, 2009, 05:44:02 AM
If I was single and just won almost a million dollars I'd slip some money to the reporter to mention that too

I'd rather date opportunistic gold diggers than ones that actually sought me out after reading about me in the news.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2009, 05:47:38 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 10, 2009, 05:44:02 AM

I'd rather date opportunistic gold diggers than ones that actually sought me out after reading about me in the news.
Yeah. Only stalkers who would where your skin as a fashion accessory would seek you out after something like that.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Threviel on August 10, 2009, 05:19:47 AM
Heh, I've worked for Johnson Controls...

The JC factory in my town closed down recently. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017