The season approaches- we need a football thread!

Started by Josquius, August 08, 2009, 08:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the English premiership this year?

Arsenal
2 (15.4%)
Chelsea
1 (7.7%)
Liverpool
2 (15.4%)
Manchester United
4 (30.8%)
Manchester City
0 (0%)
Hull
1 (7.7%)
Other
2 (15.4%)
Eh!???? What?!? Who?!?! Why!?!?
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Josquius

:w00t:
Newcastle in the Championship with no sign of recovery and Sunderland are looking good in the premier. Finally the world is getting back to the way it should be.
I predict we're going to end up safely mid-table.

But what about the top? And the bottom?
I think Man U are going to pull it off again though it would be nice for Liverpool to get it for once.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

I'll be cheering for Liverpool, and I hope it won't be Chelsea. Or City. As to a qualified guess, no idea. I stopped following the transfer market after Madrid went on a frenzy.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I'll cheer for L'pool; but believe Man Utd will win.

On another topic, I went to see REal Madrid vs. Toronto last night. Much as I hate Ronaldo it was awesome seeing him link up with Kaka and Raul. That's one impressive attacking force.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Strix

We are just one of those teams,
That you see now and then;
We often score six,
But we seldom score ten,
We beat 'em at home,
And we beat 'em away,
We kill any bastards,
That get in our way....
We are the pride of all Europe,
The cock of the North,
We hate the Scousers,
The Cockneys of course (and Leeds!);
We are United,
Without any doubt,
We are the Manchester boys!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Cerr

Being a Liverpool fan, hopefully they'll finally win the Premiership. They came close last season, considering Gerrard and Torres were out with injuries for a lot of last season, if those two two can stay fit and they use the money from selling Alonso to buy good new players they'll have a real chance of winning the league.

Just checked the transfer news, looks like they've already used some of the money to buy Italian midfielder Aquilani from Roma for £20m.

PDH

Fulham FC...been following them as best I can for a while...and their escapes and trials and mediocrity...oh dear, another season of the same.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Viking

Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal and many others have all been raided by Real Madrid or Arab owned clubs. Chelsea is the only of the top 4 which has not lost players and has added a few players to strengthen the club. Hull is unlikely as a winner as I personally feel that Dean Windass may be showing his age. Arsenal has (again) seen its average age fall. ManU has lost the worlds best player and a very very good striker without real replacements. Liverpool has lost Alonso, yes Aquilani is really really really good, but it basically leaves them where they started.

I'd bet on Chelsea.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.