News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A glance at HoI3

Started by Norgy, August 07, 2009, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: dps on October 09, 2009, 10:46:29 PM
Yeah, only worry I have about Victoria 2 is that someone might put a gun to my head and force me to purchase it.
:lol:

That's fucking awesome.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

frunk

For those that have a registered copy you can visit the Tech Support forum and pick up the current version of the 1.3 patch.  Only gotten to play a little bit but speed is tremendously improved, the AI isn't nearly as brain dead as 1.2 and the list of changes is longer than my arm.

Ideologue

I went through the change list and saw nothing that would make insular defense doable.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

No "AI no longer has portal technology" in the bug fix?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

^I mean, I didn't see it, no.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Faeelin

There's no intention to fix infinite naval range for the AI. So I'm still gonna pass.

Although fortunately for Paradox, there are posters who will defend the Finnish invasion of Hawaii on the grounds that Britain invaded the Falkands...

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on November 10, 2009, 09:02:44 AM
There's no intention to fix infinite naval range for the AI. So I'm still gonna pass.

Although fortunately for Paradox, there are posters who will defend the Finnish invasion of Hawaii on the grounds that Britain invaded the Falkands...

What is so funny about this is that it is no exaggeration.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on November 10, 2009, 01:23:36 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 10, 2009, 09:02:44 AM

What is so funny about this is that it is no exaggeration.
:( No.  Sadly it isn't
PDH!

KRonn

Do the AI air units in HOI3 also have unlimited range? That's also been a hassle, trying to set up air defense but the enemy could go anywhere anyways.

Ed Anger

HoI3 is 14.99 on Steam for a bit.

I still can't pull the tigger on it, even though it is in the bargain basement range.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Damn, that didn't take long.

What an epic disaster.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Faeelin

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2009, 04:53:53 PM
Damn, that didn't take long.

What an epic disaster.

My understanding is that it's your fault for not being an effective beta tester.

Berkut

It's true, I was not an effective beta tester.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Fate

HOI3 is well worth $15 unless you're fahdiz.

Razgovory

I don't know.  I own it but have never played it for more then half an hour.  I could spend that 15 bucks to go to the movies and got better value.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017