Barack Obama has rescued America from Economic Disaster

Started by Savonarola, August 07, 2009, 12:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

QuoteObama: U.S. rescued from economic disaster
By BEN FELLER • Associated Press • August 7, 2009

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is welcoming an improved national employment report, saying his administration has "rescued our economy from collapse."

In an appearance on the White House Rose Garden, Obama applauded a Labor Department report earlier today saying that the jobless rate declined to 9.4% from 9.5% a month earlier.

But he said much more needs to be done and that he won't rest until "every American that is looking for a job can find one."

Obama said, "We have a steep mountain to climb and we started in a very deep valley."

Happy days are here again.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2009, 12:56:49 PM
Mission Accomplished!

He may not be more competent, but at least Obama is politically astute enough not to fly onto an aircraft carrier with that message.  ;)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Faeelin

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: alfred russel on August 07, 2009, 12:58:57 PM
Mission Accomplished!

He may not be more competent, but at least Obama is politically astute enough not to fly onto an aircraft carrier with that message.  ;)

Now he can fly, eh?   :rolleyes:

garbon

I like that the AP calls this article: White House still warns of 10 percent jobless rate
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 07, 2009, 01:00:43 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 07, 2009, 12:58:57 PM
Mission Accomplished!

Now he can fly, eh?   :rolleyes:

Apparently he can do something even more remarkable: reduce unemployment 6 months after taking office in the worst economic crisis since WWII. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Good news, the unemployment rate has dropped, even if only by a small amount, it's the right direction and hopefully it keeps going that way.    :) 

derspiess

That's even more impressive than inventing the internet :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on August 07, 2009, 12:59:20 PM
The recession is imploding!

:lmfao:

The recent job loss statistics are just evidence that the recession is desperate and on its last legs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on August 07, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

Apparently he can do something even more remarkable: reduce unemployment 6 months after taking office in the worst economic crisis since WWII. :)

:lol: Yeah. It's magic!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

For the record, I didn't doubt Obama's economic abilities for one second.  I think it's a well known fact that it takes five months before the new president can start having an effect on the economy, and we've seen proof of it again.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: DGuller on August 07, 2009, 01:33:42 PM
For the record, I didn't doubt Obama's economic abilities for one second. 

I never once doubted his ability to take credit for the eventual recovery.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock