News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Defying gravity

Started by viper37, August 06, 2009, 12:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

New tv series.
2052, a ship goes on to explore Venus and the solar system on a 6 year trip.
A mysterious entity called "Beta" seems to be calling the shots, in some weird way.  We have no idea what that is, yet.

A proper review here:
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/wiser/1694986,SHO-Sunday-Paige02.article
I agree 100% with this.
Slow moving, but interesting enough to warrant another look next week.

Since it's not a remake nor a franchise, maybe some people will jump on this just for the sake of seeing something new.
So far, it seems better than the now defunct  Virtuality wich had a similar plot line (big spaceship on a multi-year mission to explore space).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

I thought this was going to be about that irritating play Wicked.  Whew  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 12:42:18 PM
I thought this was going to be about that irritating play Wicked.  Whew  :)

I thought that too. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Princesca has a "DEFY GRAVITY" hoodie she bought after she saw it in Louisville. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

My wife was able to determine which characters were which on Grey's Anatomy.  I have my doubts that anything on TV can be good.

Although the guy from Office Space is cool.  Other than Band of Brothers, I don't think that guy has worked in years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Just watched it, thought it was awful. 

Although I enjoyed how the article said that one the actors was from Battlestar Galactica, I didn't recognize anyone so I looked it up.  The Indian dude was Man #1 in the pilot.   :lol:

Neil

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 06, 2009, 01:45:04 PM
Just watched it, thought it was awful. 

Although I enjoyed how the article said that one the actors was from Battlestar Galactica, I didn't recognize anyone so I looked it up.  The Indian dude was Man #1 in the pilot.   :lol:
Well, at least he was smart enough to avoid the piece of shit that was the new Battlestar Galactica.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

I watched 2 episode and found it kinda boring. Needs more Event Horizon-esque horror. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 01:26:01 PM
Princesca has a "DEFY GRAVITY" hoodie she bought after she saw it in Louisville. :bleeding:

I want a "HEIL TO THE CHEF" apron for cookouts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2009, 01:32:25 PM
My wife was able to determine which characters were which on Grey's Anatomy.  I have my doubts that anything on TV can be good.

Although the guy from Office Space is cool.  Other than Band of Brothers, I don't think that guy has worked in years.
I agree about the actor.   But there are some good things on TV.  I recently watched Chuck and found it depressing enough to be enjoyable.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 06, 2009, 03:49:05 PM

I agree about the actor.   But there are some good things on TV.  I recently watched Chuck and found it depressing enough to be enjoyable.
My wife watched Chuck.  I found it to be one of the worst experiences of my life.  The guy is an idiot, all his coworkers are horrible, horrible people.  I found myself wishing that Animal Mother would just waste the lot of them.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 01:26:01 PM

It is not a bad musical...I mean I don't plan to see it again or anything...

I didn't really get the point of it though.

I do notice that in Musicals (this one and Hairspray come to mind) the ugly girl gets the HOTT guy while in virtually every other form of media the ugly guy/HOTT girl pairing is almost universal.  I guess they know their target demographic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2009, 03:50:49 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 06, 2009, 03:49:05 PM

I agree about the actor.   But there are some good things on TV.  I recently watched Chuck and found it depressing enough to be enjoyable.
My wife watched Chuck.  I found it to be one of the worst experiences of my life.  The guy is an idiot, all his coworkers are horrible, horrible people.  I found myself wishing that Animal Mother would just waste the lot of them.
Exactly.  THAT DAY IS COMING>
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2009, 03:50:49 PM
I found myself wishing that Animal Mother would just waste the lot of them.

2nd.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.