Things to do in Nashville when you're not dead

Started by Caliga, August 06, 2009, 08:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on August 23, 2009, 10:34:07 PMI prefer Ruth's Chris Steak House than Morton's, but it is still good.  I find the quality pretty similar, but Morton's is more expensive.
I'm surprised you would eat at places like this.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2009, 06:51:04 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 23, 2009, 10:34:07 PMI prefer Ruth's Chris Steak House than Morton's, but it is still good.  I find the quality pretty similar, but Morton's is more expensive.
I'm surprised you would eat at places like this.  :huh:

Why?  I'm a food lover.  And Ruth's Chris offers a lunch set menu that consists of bread and butter, soup of the day, 6oz filet of beef, and coffee for US$20.  Good value for money, given the quality.  I can even pack the bread for breakfast on the next day. 

Caliga

I just thought you were too cheap, that's all.

Monoriu

I always make an exception for food.  As long as I don't touch the drink list, stick to set menus, split the cost with my wife 50/50, pack all the leftovers, use all the credit card discounts I can get my hands on, I'm fine.

Lettow77

Split the costs with your wife?

Mono! That's..thats terrible.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Monoriu

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 24, 2009, 09:25:39 PM
Split the costs with your wife?

Mono! That's..thats terrible.

That's not terrible.  That's mono.

Caliga

:huh: My wife and I have different credit cards, but a joint bank account, so there's no real reason for us to "split" costs.

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2009, 09:29:19 PM
:huh: My wife and I have different credit cards, but a joint bank account, so there's no real reason for us to "split" costs.

Splitting costs allows us almost total individual financial freedom.  She spends on what she likes, and I do the same.  We're both happy.

Lettow77

Financial freedom for your woman? Mono, im not sure we are of two minds on a lady's role at all, or a gentleman's for that matter.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Monoriu

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 24, 2009, 10:04:48 PM
Financial freedom for your woman? Mono, im not sure we are of two minds on a lady's role at all, or a gentleman's for that matter.

Over here, it is common for the wife to be in charge of a household's finances.  The theory is that the woman is more careful with money.  So the wife pays all the bills, then seeks money from the husband.  In my case however, I am far more careful with money than her.  So I take care of all the bills, then asks her for her share.