Movie: Hardkor 44 - Warsaw uprising meets "300"

Started by Syt, August 05, 2009, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ape

Neil

I think this thread is getting away from the point:  Martinus is a piece of shit, who is personally responsible for the Holocaust.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Bluebook

Quote from: Malthus on August 06, 2009, 08:44:16 AM
My opinion on the desireability of basing citizenship on ethnicity is quite irrelevant.

How can it be irrelevant when it is your base for claiming that the (vast majority of) poles who collaborated were not really poles at all, because of their ethnicity?

Bluebook

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2009, 08:45:19 AM
Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
Is this in any way relevant in your opinion?

My opinion is backed up by entire armies fighting for the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.  My opinion is backed up by a massive domestically based resistance movement that had a significant impact on the war.  My opinion is backed up by the fact these things were not present in most of the other occupied territories.

It is also relevent because the Flemish, French. Norwegians and the other people who joined up as foreigners plainly considered themselves Flemish, French and Norwegians and not Germans.  The "Poles" who joined up did not join the special Polish division of the SS, they joined the German Army eager to identify themselves as Germans.  That is a significant difference.

So I am eager to hear why I should ignore the Polish resistance movement, the Polish western allies and so forth and consider the Poles one of the worst collaborators...

Oh right because they had lots of people who considered themselves not Polish but Germans inside their borders.
Cool. My opinion is backed up by NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

I have never claimed the poles were the worst collaborators. What I have been trying to point out is that several hundred thousands of poles fought in german uniform with the german army. That little fact puts a rather nasty dent in the shining armor of "the number of poles who collaborated was very small". To argue that these polish citizens were in fact not poles at all, because of their ethnicity is wrong, because nationality is not determined on ethnicity.

Not to mention that the vast majority of poles were falling all over themselves to collaborate with the holocaust. But that is a different story.

Caliga

:huh: Oh come now, like all of Europe doesn't hate the Jews.  :rolleyes:

Sahib

Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 07:34:24 AM
Like I said, google is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksdeutsche

Registration was voulontary.

Reading is your friend

QuotePoles were greatly encouraged to register themselves, in many cases forced or even subject to terror if they refused[15]

QuoteNot to mention that the vast majority of poles were falling all over themselves to collaborate with the holocaust. But that is a different story.

Vast majority?  :rolleyes: Any source to back that?

Also, who the fuck are you anyway?
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Bluebook

Quote from: Sahib on August 06, 2009, 01:10:41 PM
Vast majority?  :rolleyes: Any source to back that?

Google anti-semitism in poland or whatever.

Here is an interesting start. http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1706315,00.html

Gross provides extensive evidence of how many Poles chased away or killed Jewish Holocaust survivors, often out of fear that returning Jews would reclaim their property that had, during the occupation, been taken over by other Poles.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sahib

Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 01:21:12 PM
Google anti-semitism in poland or whatever.

I could find generic info on antisemitism in Poland quite easly, I'm asking for a specific one supporting your statement of "vast majority" of Poles collaborating with holocaust.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Bluebook

Quote from: Sahib on August 06, 2009, 01:31:01 PM
I could find generic info on antisemitism in Poland quite easly, I'm asking for a specific one supporting your statement of "vast majority" of Poles collaborating with holocaust.

I just gave you a link to a newspaper report on a book on that exact subject. What more do you want?

Sahib

Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 01:34:54 PM

I just gave you a link to a newspaper report on a book on that exact subject. What more do you want?

There's nothing about a "vast majority" there  :huh:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever