Movie: Hardkor 44 - Warsaw uprising meets "300"

Started by Syt, August 05, 2009, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2009, 09:48:02 AM

I know you are a retarded troll, but Poles had the most robust resistance movement of all countries occupied by the nazis and the number of collaborators was really small (there was, for one, no Polish SS unit and no Polish puppet government in place).

I don't know, the Serbs were pretty hardcore fielding entire armies that could beat their enemies in the field.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

And there was no puppet government because Germany preferred to govern it directly.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 10:29:41 AM
And there was no puppet government because Germany preferred to govern it directly.

Didn't stop the Czechs from collaborating.

Anybody who thinks the Poles were notorious collaborators is an idiot or a liar.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2009, 10:00:32 AM
I don't know, the Serbs were pretty hardcore fielding entire armies that could beat their enemies in the field.

Apples to Oranges.

The "Serbs" also were facing garrison soldiers and were not right on the supply line to the German Armies in Russia.  Also the "Serbs" were easily supplied by the Allies while the Poles were pretty much locked away to fend for themselves.

Oh and I would argue the Polish divisions fighting for the British and the Soviets did a pretty decent job beating armies in the field also.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2009, 10:39:19 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 10:29:41 AM

Didn't stop the Czechs from collaborating.

Anybody who thinks the Poles were notorious collaborators is an idiot or a liar.

Or trolling martinus.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 08:26:48 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2009, 08:16:15 AM
I'd imagine the Poles will go off their rocker complaining about this.

Aren't they going to be depicted as the super-heros a la 300?

Maybe they'd find it flattering.

The tasteless angle is what they'll see.
'Thousands died and youre making it all silly! It should be like teh Shindlers List!'
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2009, 09:48:02 AM
I know you are a retarded troll, but Poles had the most robust resistance movement of all countries occupied by the nazis and the number of collaborators was really small (there was, for one, no Polish SS unit and no Polish puppet government in place).

Antisemitism and pogroms are one thing, but political collaboration wasn't really happening on a scale comparable to some other countries (such as France, Belgium or the Baltics).
Actually, the Poles resisted quite heroically... and that's not just pandering to Marti.  In fact, I'm hurt that he ignored my earlier comment about panczkys that WAS blatant pandering.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2009, 10:55:05 AM

'Thousands died and youre making it all silly! It should be like teh Shindlers List!'

Hmmm - Shindler's List, with evil cyborgs ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 11:31:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2009, 10:55:05 AM

Hmmm - Shindler's List, with evil cyborgs ...

I'm thinking Austerlitz with a barechested napoleon taking on cyborg Austrians and a 10 foot tall czar.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Valmy

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2009, 11:37:52 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 05, 2009, 10:52:13 AM
Or trolling martinus.

Marty is not exactly a Polish hyperpatriot.

Our posters don't seem to put much effort into their trolls.

BuddhaRhubarb

Until there's a trailer... it's just drawings. no trailer = bah
:p

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2009, 11:37:52 AMMarty is not exactly a Polish hyperpatriot.
:huh: He loves everything about Poland except for its extraordinarily deep hatred of the gays.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on August 05, 2009, 11:36:36 AM
I'm thinking Austerlitz with a barechested napoleon taking on cyborg Austrians and a 10 foot tall czar.

Well, if they do a movie of Peter the Great, they could at least have the 10 foot Czar.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2009, 11:37:52 AMMarty is not exactly a Polish hyperpatriot.
:huh: He loves everything about Poland except for its extraordinarily deep hatred of the gays.

:huh: He makes threads ripping Poland all the time.