C (passing)
24 (35.8%)
D (poor)
10 (14.9%)
F (failing)
7 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

saskganesh

B. he plays very well in foreign countries who happen to be your next door neighbours. his election has changed our government's atmosphere policy, which is a plus, but his bailout of the auto sector has compelled us to follow a similar path for similar reasons. looks like we will be adapting Californian fuel efficiency standards as well.

he needs to do more about food and food systems. I wonder how's his wife's garden is doing? we just had a recall of 100,000 hot dogs so he should step up the USDA inspections of Canadian meat plants. happily our new Organic Standards are now harmonised with the NOP

a good photo op with Ovechkin and Crosby would do wonders.

for Canadians, his influence is palpable. he's been a good President for us, though the escalation of the Afghan adventure is a commitment we cannot meet as we are out by 2011.

humans were created in their own image

Caliga

Quote from: saskganesh on August 05, 2009, 09:03:32 AM
he needs to do more about food and food systems.
On a related note, he needs to do more about implants and implantation systems.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 09:06:16 AM
he needs to do more about food and food systems.
On a related note, he needs to do more about implants and implantation systems.

leak- free cohesive gel boobies?

Strix

Wouldn't Donald Brashear and Georges Laraque give him more street cred?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

hsilbud

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 08:51:23 AM
I think of Obama as an actor playing the role of "President".  So he's kinda like a black Bill Pullman or maybe Richard Dreyfus.

Or Ronald Reagan?

Valmy

I give him an I and expect him to turn in some complete work sometime before the end of the term.  His 'Health Care' project is way past due.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

To early to grade.  He hasnt really handed in any work yet but expectations are high and so he will likely be marked harder then others.

Sheilbh

B, so far.  I think he's doing the right thing in Afghanistan and the legislation he's got passed is pretty impressive this early in a term (benefits of being a President in a crisis).  On foreign policy so far I think he's been excellent, I can't think of a serious misstep so far. 

He needs to pass a healthcare package, I don't mind what but I think that it's something America desperately needs, I'm always amazed at how much the US government spends on health compared to how little it gets.  It's simply mind-boggling.

I also think he'll face a crisis in Iraq.  The Sunnis are still unhappy, things seem to be sliding in relations between the Kurds and the Arabs.  I think there'll be a lot of pressure to stay once there's more violence, he should resist that.  It's not something the US or any outside force can solve as the Iraqis reminded Biden when they told him off for 'meddling' in their 'internal affairs'.  All he'd done was suggest that the Iraqi government might want to follow through on their promise of paying the Sunnis and bringing them into the state.  The surge worked as a security solution as I thought it would, but what mattered was that it would create a space for political reconciliation.  I still can't think of anything that suggests this has happened.  I think it's difficult to expect a country that came within an inch of full-blown sectarian civil war to build a relatively non-sectarian state, and I believe that most countries that experience a civil war relapse within five years.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 05, 2009, 09:26:45 AM
I'm always amazed at how much the US government spends on health compared to how little it gets.  It's simply mind-boggling.
We don't 'do' efficiency here, son.  :mad:

Ed Anger

I give an 'F' to counterbalance the 'A' homos.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I'll give him a 'C' so far, I guess.

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 05, 2009, 09:26:45 AM

He needs to pass a healthcare package, I don't mind what

Funny, it would seem that is just what they are thinking as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

saskganesh

Quote from: Strix on August 05, 2009, 09:11:53 AM

Wouldn't Donald Brashear and Georges Laraque give him more street cred?

maybe among Haitians and Jamaicans. but not the ROC.

Berkut

Marking period has not arrived, but so far he was recruited to this elite school on the strength of a very powerful reputation and high expectations, but he has done very poorly on several quizzes, his thesis is a muddled disaster, and his term project is behind schedule and it looks like he is going to just throw something together and call it victory.

The one subject he is doing well on, it turns out he plagiarized from another student.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Average score so far: roughly 78.