News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Vista frustration

Started by PDH, March 21, 2009, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Okay, I admit it, I was lazy and didn't change the default install location (what harm could it be?).  So when I installed some games on my laptop (with Vista64), and when I exported a Vicky game it...was nowhere.  When I went to look for for saved games they too are nowhere.  Searching for the files leads me nowhere, and nowhere is not good.

So, where are the saves?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Go into the control panel, then go into the appearance & personalization section. Underneath the Folder options there is a line that says show hidden files, click on it and select the options that are appropriate.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2009, 07:22:43 PM
Go into the control panel, then go into the appearance & personalization section. Underneath the Folder options there is a line that says show hidden files, click on it and select the options that are appropriate.

Way to be helpful. ::)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2009, 07:23:06 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2009, 07:22:43 PM

Way to be helpful. ::)

If he does that the next time he does a search the saved game files should come up. It's pretty simple.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

see, this would be great if the files were there...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Cerr

It's probably here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local

PDH

Quote from: Cerr on March 21, 2009, 07:39:12 PM
It's probably here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local
close.

It was in appdata\virtualstore (as I redownloaded it from gamersgate)

Search never worked...even tagging looking for hidden items...

First real vista headbang for me.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on March 21, 2009, 07:45:27 PM

And think, that's just the happy beginning. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

You know there are other OSes out there... :whistle:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 21, 2009, 08:14:35 PM
You know there are other OSes out there... :whistle:

I doubt PDH wants to get a retarded box.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2009, 08:16:42 PM
I doubt PDH wants to get a retarded box.
Apple is way too gay.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

garbon

Agelastus

Vista is a headbang; there's no two ways about it.

The logic behind why, for example, I always have to remember to run some games as administrator when I am the bloody administrator escapes me.

And the fact that I still cannot convince parts of my second-hand laptop that it is not called "brighthouse" just infuriates me.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Agelastus on March 22, 2009, 04:26:01 PM

Vista is a headbang; there's no two ways about it.

The logic behind why, for example, I always have to remember to run some games as administrator when I am the bloody administrator escapes me.

And the fact that I still cannot convince parts of my second-hand laptop that it is not called "brighthouse" just infuriates me.
Better "Brighthouse" than "Brightman." Now that'd be gay.
Experience bij!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt