And we're back!

Main Menu

Sundering of America

Started by Lettow77, August 03, 2009, 06:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: citizen k on August 03, 2009, 09:44:19 PM
I honestly didn't think this thread would go this long.  :huh:

This is Languish.  We take our silliness very seriously. 
PDH!

ulmont

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 03, 2009, 09:21:58 PM
Seriously, why bother reputing his 'facts'?  He's literally made up every single one in this thread.

http://xkcd.com/386/

FunkMonk

Quote from: citizen k on August 03, 2009, 09:44:19 PM
I honestly didn't think this thread would go this long.  :huh:

What do you mean? It's got the ultimate formula:  Lettow, so the mockery brigade lets loose. And it's about the Southern States seceding at some point in the future, which brings together the fine and ancient Languish topics of the ACW and alt-history.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on August 03, 2009, 10:08:01 AM
No, the South is incapable of standing on it's own.  It doesn't have the economic infrastructure to do so, and that which there is depends on the United States.  This isn't the 19th century.  Microstates cannot survive by preaching isolationism and hostility against their neighbours, at least not if they care about maintaining a standard of living higher than that of a subsistance farmer.  Even the North might not be better off, because they've invested serious capital into light manufacturing using cheap southern labour.
In fantasy, the author gets to make his rules as he goes along.  As long as you are allowing Lettow to fantacize that Southers want to be independent, you can let him fantasize that the South has a viable economy and that Southernors are educated and politically skilled.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

citizen k

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2009, 10:32:08 PM
Southernors are educated and politically skilled.  :cool:

I knew he was over rated.

Syt

Quote from: citizen k on August 03, 2009, 11:46:47 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2009, 10:32:08 PM
Southernors are educated and politically skilled.  :cool:

I knew he was over rated.

Lewis Black agrees, esp. about Southern Education and Clinton taking Arkansas from 50th to 49th during his time as governor.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

I came late to this long thread. has anyhow seceded yet? or at least started an insurrection?
humans were created in their own image

BVN

Quote from: saskganesh on August 04, 2009, 08:33:53 AM
I came late to this long thread. has anyhow seceded yet? or at least started an insurrection?
No, but on the other hand there were a least two people who took a monumental dump in the meantime...

Ed Anger

Quote from: saskganesh on August 04, 2009, 08:33:53 AM

I've had an erection.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

My first thought when I saw Clinton got involved in this was that he must have an Asian chick fetish. :)

Caliga

BREAKING: Chicks pardoned.  Clinton gets a happy ending. :)