Bomb squad evacuates NYC airport terminal

Started by jimmy olsen, August 01, 2009, 08:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Glad I'm not flying today, it must be a clusterfuck of delays.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32248420/ns/us_news-security/

QuoteBomb squad evacuates NYC airport terminal
Police arrest man in LaGuardia's main terminal, search his bag

BREAKING NEWS
updated 1 hour, 4 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A main terminal of LaGuardia Airport in New York City was evacuated and a police bomb squad arrested a man and was searching his bag, authorities said Saturday.

John Kelly, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, said the airport's main terminal building was evacuated shortly after 5:30 a.m. Saturday. He didn't know how many passengers were there at the time.

Kelly said one man is in custody. He said Port Authority and the city police department's bomb squad were investigating the man's bag.

The NYPD was not commenting on the arrest.

Editor's note: This is a breaking news story. Please check back for details.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

CNN had the headline on their webpage that a "Man with wires and batteries caused the evacuation of an airport".  I figured it was a cyborg attack.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Meh, it was just some insane homeless dude.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on August 03, 2009, 08:16:21 AM
Meh, it was just some insane homeless dude.

Must have been scary as hell for that cop though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point