Which New Wave Band Was the New Waviest?

Started by Admiral Yi, July 31, 2009, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do I have to repeat the question here?

Blondie
6 (20%)
B-52s
3 (10%)
Devo
9 (30%)
The Cars
1 (3.3%)
The Police
4 (13.3%)
Declan McManus
1 (3.3%)
Joe Jackson
0 (0%)
The Go-Gos
0 (0%)
Write In
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Fuck, Blondie just started playing in my head. WHO STARTED THIS THREAD?

They will pay dearly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2009, 07:56:36 AM
My vote goes to the Talking Heads ...
I never thought of Talking Heads as New Wave, but I guess maybe they'd qualify.  Once In A Lifetime :wub:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on August 04, 2009, 05:47:59 AM
No it hadn't.
It was only just beginning around 1980.
New Wave is the 80s, peak I'd guess around 82/83; Rio is THE New Wave song.
Blue Monday could also sort of be seen to be a peak but as I mentioned New Order lacked the tacky, yuppie style that New Wave was about.

Thank you.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Strangely enough, I heard "Once In A Lifetime" at a Dollar General on the Muzak yesterday.  :huh:

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 05:17:49 AM
Strangely enough, I heard "Once In A Lifetime" at a Dollar General on the Muzak yesterday.  :huh:

Singularly appropriate for muzak.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

crazy canuck

Quote from: citizen k on August 01, 2009, 01:19:40 AM
from wiki:

More evidence that Wiki is only as strong as its weakest contributor.

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on August 01, 2009, 08:22:53 PM
:huh:  Duran Duran was the peak of New Wavism in my Junior High School.

Your junior high was 5-10 years behind then.

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM