More whacky Venezuelan hijinks! This time with Moose and Squirrel!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 29, 2009, 06:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 30, 2009, 09:19:57 AM

It's just common knowledge, after all when was the last time you heard of a Jew from Montreal being killed in combat? :contract:

Well, true, but they don't go around boasting of the fact.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 09:07:46 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 08:47:18 AM
Jews are a complicated bunch. Very tribal for a people that lived in Europe for so long.

I think it is a bit of a mistake to draw conclusions about what "Jews" are like based on Siege. To put it mildly, he's not a very representative example.  :D

This coming from a "jew" who can't read any Hebrew.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2009, 09:36:05 AM
This coming from a "jew" who can't read any Hebrew.  :D

And you claim that makes me untypical ... ?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 08:42:06 AM
Oh, Siegy. You really are quite insane.  :lol:

next thing he'll go out and find a religion...
he might call it islam

KRonn

It really seems that pretty impressive happenings have been going on in Colombia. The country is much changed in a very positive way from, what, about a decade ago?

Darth Wagtaros

Not even a decade ago.  Just a few years ago FARC was falling apart and everyone expected great things to happen.  Seems Chavez had other things in mind.
PDH!

KRonn

Well, my money is on the US/Colombia axis rather than the Russia/Venezuela axis.   :bowler:

Though with Pres Obama supporting, somewhat, the Honduran President who wants to become Pres for life, maybe all bets are off.   :unsure:

The Minsky Moment

The Russians are not to be underestimated.  They could threaten a grave risk of environmental catastrophe by deciding to send that Kirov class cruiser back out to sea again with its ticking time bomb of a Russian Navy nuclear reactor on board.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 29, 2009, 08:29:20 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:11:43 PM
The ones serving with the US Army are certainly better than canadian soldiers.

And any soldier is better than me.
They all go to war not knowing if they are coming back. That's true valor.
War is too easy for me, since I can only die of old age.

Don't break your arms patting yourself on the back.

I am an Alpha Male. 

Alpha Males do not have Miley Cyrus at the top of their playlist, or James Blunt. sorry Beta man. :p
:p

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 30, 2009, 12:01:30 PM
The Russians are not to be underestimated.  They could threaten a grave risk of environmental catastrophe by deciding to send that Kirov class cruiser back out to sea again with its ticking time bomb of a Russian Navy nuclear reactor on board.
That thing is in such terrible repair, it'd sink rather quickly, and would thus be Europe's problem.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Bottom of the ocean = great place to dump nuclear stuff.  At least that's what Sweden thought until 1969.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Amusingly, the Kutsenov broke down off France a while back.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:59:10 PM
while I refilled my jar with tomato juice and miller lite

Because lite beer isn't watered down enough? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2009, 03:01:47 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:59:10 PM
while I refilled my jar with tomato juice and miller lite

Because lite beer isn't watered down enough? :huh:

Bud actually makes something like this already, with Clamato juice.  It's god awful.

See also http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37389 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelada

garbon

Sounds like a nice way for the homeless to get some nutrients.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.