More whacky Venezuelan hijinks! This time with Moose and Squirrel!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 29, 2009, 06:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Neil on July 29, 2009, 08:58:00 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:50:28 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 29, 2009, 08:37:47 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:11:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 29, 2009, 08:06:42 PM
I'm willing to wager that Latin American soldiers are better fighters than Siegebreaker.

The ones serving with the US Army are certainly better than canadian soldiers.

And any soldier is better than me.
They all go to war not knowing if they are coming back. That's true valor.
War is too easy for me, since I can only die of old age.
Don't be silly.  I could kill you with ease, due to my superior Jew powers.

Half jews have no power on me.
I'm full-blooded.  Unlike you, my female ancestors didn't mate with Russians.

We are not friggin native-americans, dude.

To be jew you just need a jewish grandparent, according to Medinat Yisrael (The State), the only real authority on jewishness, despite what Malthus and all the jewmericans might think.

Now, to be a kohen, which is what you claim, you need both parents, all 4 grandparents, all 8 greatgrandparents, and so on, to be jewish. And of course, a direct kohen ascendancy on your dad's side. This is because the kohanim are the only jews who are required by the Torah to marry jewish girls. Non-kohen Jewish males can marry whoever they want as long as their wives convert to judaism. Not the kohanim.

Now, you think the kohanim can kill me. Theoretically, yes, they do have the power, but if that was to happen, it would only be because I myself first broke the covenant in a way that deserved my death as punishment. In Judaism, there is a clear scale of what sin deserves what kind of punishment. Unlike what christians think, breaking one commandment does not invalid the whole covenant. However, the penalty for breaking some commandments is indeed death.

In my case, because of whom I am, breaking a "minor" commandment (they are not actually call commandments, only the Ten Commandments are called commandments in hebrew), will likely bring disfavor and take away some of my superpowers. However, for me to die, I would have to break a death deserving commandment. So for me to have the kohanim on my tail, I would have to do something really bad.

About the kohanim, think of them as an strategic weapon, unlike me, that I am an strictly tactical weapon of war. I cannot win wars, campaigns, or even operations, by just being there. I cannot be defeated in combat, which by default means that I will actually win any engagement I find myself in, but by no means it implies that my fellow sodiers around me are going to survive that engagement. That's what make all this such a heavy burden on my shoulders.

I know you have heard me say that I am "half-kohen". There is no such a thing. I say that because my family on my mother's side is kohanim, but that does not makes me a kohen, since you have to be kohen on your father's side to be kohen, plus having a jewish mother. So I gain nothing from that side of my family.

I hope this clear up some.

Now, time to refill. Tomorrow, I will feel regret for saying all this and will likely come back here and erase all this.
There is no prohibition for me saying all this, but it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.
The world of Sefarad is hard to understand for the uninitiated.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 09:35:43 PM
We are not friggin native-americans, dude.

To be jew you just need a jewish grandparent, according to Medinat Yisrael (The State), the only real authority on jewishness, despite what Malthus and all the jewmericans might think.

Now, to be a kohen, which is what you claim, you need both parents, all 4 grandparents, all 8 greatgrandparents, and so on, to be jewish. And of course, a direct kohen ascendancy on your dad's side. This is because the kohanim are the only jews who are required by the Torah to marry jewish girls. Non-kohen Jewish males can marry whoever they want as long as their wives convert to judaism. Not the kohanim.

Now, you think the kohanim can kill me. Theoretically, yes, they do have the power, but if that was to happen, it would only be because I myself first broke the covenant in a way that deserved my death as punishment. In Judaism, there is a clear scale of what sin deserves what kind of punishment. Unlike what christians think, breaking one commandment does not invalid the whole covenant. However, the penalty for breaking some commandments is indeed death.

In my case, because of whom I am, breaking a "minor" commandment (they are not actually call commandments, only the Ten Commandments are called commandments in hebrew), will likely bring disfavor and take away some of my superpowers. However, for me to die, I would have to break a death deserving commandment. So for me to have the kohanim on my tail, I would have to do something really bad.

About the kohanim, think of them as an strategic weapon, unlike me, that I am an strictly tactical weapon of war. I cannot win wars, campaigns, or even operations, by just being there. I cannot be defeated in combat, which by default means that I will actually win any engagement I find myself in, but by no means it implies that my fellow sodiers around me are going to survive that engagement. That's what make all this such a heavy burden on my shoulders.

I know you have heard me say that I am "half-kohen". There is no such a thing. I say that because my family on my mother's side is kohanim, but that does not makes me a kohen, since you have to be kohen on your father's side to be kohen, plus having a jewish mother. So I gain nothing from that side of my family.

I hope this clear up some.

Now, time to refill. Tomorrow, I will feel regret for saying all this and will likely come back here and erase all this.
There is no prohibition for me saying all this, but it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.
The world of Sefarad is hard to understand for the uninitiated.

Oh, no, you won't.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

All of my ancestors are Jewish.  I am the ultimate Jew, in an ethnic sense.

Of course, nobody actually believes in the god of our ancestors anymore.  That's just ridiculous.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 08:59:10 PM
Ok, I have revised the idea of Hubris.
After 2.5 minutes thinking about it, while I refilled my jar with tomato juice and miller lite, I have reached the conclussion that is just a supersticion.

I did not choose my superpowers. They were given to me. I cannot be killed by my enemies, I can only bring death on myself by breaking my forefathers' covenant. Otherwise I will die of old age. So, hubris does not apply to me, since only a breach of the covenant can be my downfall.

Therefore, my previous post before that hubris thing came up still stands.

You're right. That's not hubris; that's delusions of grandeur. :contract:
Experience bij!

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Jews are a complicated bunch. Very tribal for a people that lived in Europe for so long.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 08:47:18 AM
Jews are a complicated bunch. Very tribal for a people that lived in Europe for so long.

I think it is a bit of a mistake to draw conclusions about what "Jews" are like based on Siege. To put it mildly, he's not a very representative example.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Drakken

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 09:07:46 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 08:47:18 AM

I think it is a bit of a mistake to draw conclusions about what "Jews" are like based on Siege. To put it mildly, he's not a very representative example.  :D

:lol:

but he sounds like the Orthodox jews from Montreal.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 09:13:03 AM

They go on about how they can't be killed in combat?  :huh: How would that even come up? "Please pass the kosher bacon - oh, and by the way, I can't be killed in combat"?

Grey Fox

It's actually the traditionnal way to order Smoked Meat.

"I'd like 2 Can't be killed in Combat"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 09:15:31 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 09:13:03 AM

They go on about how they can't be killed in combat?  :huh: How would that even come up? "Please pass the kosher bacon - oh, and by the way, I can't be killed in combat"?
It's just common knowledge, after all when was the last time you heard of a Jew from Montreal being killed in combat? :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 09:19:21 AM
It's actually the traditionnal way to order Smoked Meat.

"I'd like 2 Can't be killed in Combat"

:lol:

That would actually ... work. Gruesome but funny.