Obama is racist according to Fox commentator

Started by garbon, July 29, 2009, 12:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Now this is the real news!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090729/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_beck_obama

QuoteFox News Channel commentator Glenn Beck said he believes President Barack Obama is a racist. Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the "Fox & Friends" morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."

His remarks came during a discussion of Obama's reaction to the arrest of Harvard University scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. Gates is black and was arrested for disorderly conduct by a white policeman over a misunderstanding about a break-in at Gates' home.

An Obama spokesman, William Burton, said the White House had no comment on Beck.

Beck's statement was challenged on the air by Fox host Brian Kilmeade, who noted that most of the people who work for the nation's first black president are white.

"I'm not saying he doesn't like white people," Beck said. "He has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist."

Beck wondered, during the discussion, what other president would immediately jump on the police for their actions in the case. Obama said in a news conference that he believed the police acted stupidly in the case, but later backtracked from the statement and invited Gates and the police officer, Sgt. James Crowley, to the White House for a conciliatory meeting later this week.

Bill Shine, Fox News senior vice president of programming, told the TVNewswer Web site that Beck had "expressed a personal opinion which represented his own views, not those of the Fox News Channel. And as with all commentators in the cable news arena, he is given the freedom to express his opinions."

Racial controversies are hardly new to presidents. In 2005, entertainer Kanye West said during a telethon after Hurricane Katrina that President George W. Bush "doesn't care about black people."

Beck, also a radio host and best-selling author, was an immediate hit with Fox News Channel viewers, starting in January when he made the jump from HLN (formerly CNN Headline News).

Beck didn't speak about the racial comments on his own Tuesday Fox show.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quoteinvited Gates and the police officer, Sgt. James Crowley, to the White House for a conciliatory meeting later this week.

OMG that's so raciss!  :mad:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

It's sickening how prominent some people are whose only job is to be on TV being loudmouthed morons.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on July 29, 2009, 01:52:38 AM
It's sickening how prominent some people are whose only job is to be on TV being loudmouthed morons.

That's because tv doesn't show news anymore but stories.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Loudmouthed morons are prominent in every social grouping, why should it be different on the society-wide level?

Martinus

Yeah, I also find it aggravating that people make careers of the kind of stuff we do here on Languish for free and in our spare time.  <_<

The Brain

To be fair the President does have other duties as well.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

White people don't have "white culture" we have culture. It's just like there is no "London Times" newspaper, there is just The Times.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Hansmeister

It's unpossible that a follower of Jeremiah Wright is racist.

After all, a black man can't be racist.

Razgovory

AND WHY WON"T HE REVEAL HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!!!!11
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

If you want to see a loudmouthed moron, watch Jane Velez-Mitchell on CNN.  Every time I've seen her, after about five seconds I want to throw a grenade at the screen.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points