News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Any significant changes to campaign gameplay? I failed to spot any in the changelogs. :(

MadBurgerMaker

I've only done a few test turns in the campaign, but it really seems like they actually did significantly improve the amount of time it takes the AI to get through a turn.  I might be wrong though, since I haven't played in a while...it just seems quite a bit faster than what I remember.

Edit:  Oh and badguys attack your trade port things.  Pirates still have fleets that can kick your ass.  Spain wears white and red now.  Their uniforms really really glow with HDR on, so that's annoying.

Caliga

LOL, yeah I have HDR on and I found it amusing that the Powhatan Indians had glowing skin.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2009, 01:16:18 PM
HDR?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_rendering

In a nutshell, if you look at the sun in a game with HDR on, it hurts your eyes and obscures everything else, just like IRL.

MadBurgerMaker

I have a strange problem.  The new units (the free ones, not the $3 or whatever ones you can buy) don't have any names.  For example, the news Spanish Grenadiers show up as only (Grenadiers), instead of <Name...I dunno...Probably Spanish Grenadiers or something> (Grenadiers).  I've removed all the GFX mods I was using, etc, and there hasn't been any change. 

I guess the next step is to reinstall.  <_<

Caliga

Last night I was up late fighting a battle to capture Fort Duquesne from the French.  Man, what a fun battle :)

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2009, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 20, 2009, 11:46:17 PM
Love your sig. Bradbury's da man. :thumbsup:

"Video games are a waste of time for men with nothing else to do. Real brains don't do that. On occasion? Sure. As relaxation? Great. But not full time— And a lot of people are doing that. And while they're doing that, I'll go ahead and write another novel."
-Ray Bradbury, Salon.com (29 August 2001)

:(

He's right, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2009, 07:00:56 AM
Last night I was up late fighting a battle to capture Fort Duquesne from the French.  Man, what a fun battle :)

I reiterate: get this mod:
QuoteWhat the battlefield smoke mod does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZMjzmoffQ8
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

But it was already kinda hard to see.  Part of that is because alot of the fighting took place in a small forest on the north bank of the Ohio River, downhill from the fort.  Since not being able to see shit makes me nervous, I sent my Cherokee and colonial rustics in to die so that my precious line infantry could be preserved for the mopping up.  :)

Berkut

What is the CW on this these days?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2009, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 20, 2009, 11:46:17 PM
Love your sig. Bradbury's da man. :thumbsup:

"Video games are a waste of time for men with nothing else to do. Real brains don't do that. On occasion? Sure. As relaxation? Great. But not full time— And a lot of people are doing that. And while they're doing that, I'll go ahead and write another novel."
-Ray Bradbury, Salon.com (29 August 2001)

:(

Added to the .sig, as it is the truth.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Solmyr

So, is this game any good yet?

Josquius

I've just had it with this game, utter piece of shit.
Maybe I'll give it another look in a year or two when I've a better computer and its been patched up but for now...Horrid. Just had an atrocious battle where the big challenge wasn't the enemy but wrestling with the game to do what I told it.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2009, 01:21:49 PM
I've just had it with this game, utter piece of shit.
Maybe I'll give it another look in a year or two when I've a better computer and its been patched up but for now...Horrid. Just had an atrocious battle where the big challenge wasn't the enemy but wrestling with the game to do what I told it.

What was the problem?  What was it doing?